*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976319-Sated
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#976319 added February 25, 2020 at 4:06pm
Restrictions: None
Sated
Being satisfied with life is often frowned upon, as if there is nothing more to accomplish. It seems as if you have thrown in the towel if you admit to being satisfied with life. To most people, satisfied represents a dull and tarnished ring as a prize and they are taught to believe only the shiny brass ring has value. They seem to miss the worth that comes of being sated. It doesn't mean that there are no more dreams to dream. Satisfied, means only that you have worked a lifetime to surround yourself with the things and the people that sate you. It means that a thousand pennies can bring as much wealth as a million when shared with loved ones. It means that dreams shared are often more important than ones attained. From the outside looking in, to some people our window may be streaked or unadorned, and to others our window may portray grandeur of the hearts greatest desire.Satisfaction is as consequential and individualized as the journey itself. But with the wisdom of age, the fulfillment list is narrowed. The things that we believed would sustain us in our twenties have become leaves that blow away in the wind.And part of the joy of achieving satisfaction is taking the time to revel in its joy.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976319-Sated