*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976701-An-Extra-Day
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#976701 added March 1, 2020 at 1:58pm
Restrictions: None
An Extra Day
Yesterday was February 29th - Leap Day! The reason we have this monthly extension of our shortest month is to synchronise the Gregorian calendar with the solar year – without it we would lose six hours every year. *Shock2* In your entry today, write about the phenomenon of leap years and any facts you want to share. Here’s mine: People born on Leap Day are called Leaplings. *Laugh* Do you know any Leaplings? How did you spend the bonus hours of 2020? Did you make the most of them?

owl for signature use


Awesome Extra Days


Some Leap year facts:

1. There are 1/1461 chances of being born on leap day.

2.The first warrants for arrest went out on February 29,1692 for the Salem witchcraft trials in Massachusetts. (yes I to am asking why? More facts needed?) Only info I have says most were women who by some chance owned property that higher ups in government wanted to confiscate? It's always over land?

3.(My favorite) Lord of the Rings: Hobbits February, called Solmath, has 30 days. The Hobbit calendar celebrates twelve 30-day months every year. (I wonder which planet they are on? Which sun is theirs?)

4. The last two digits of a year divisible by 4 = a leap year.

As for my day 02/29/2020, I spent it reading the second book of a two book series, called Bob and Sue. It's an audio book about hiking and campers in the wonderful USA parks. While the audio played I colored Mandalas, siting in a chair engulfed in a warm blanket and drank warm herbal tea. The weather was in the teens. It snowed all day. When I disturbed myself to do morning and evening chores, yes outside. I stomped through 2.5 foot of snow to fill bird feeders and feed my pony.

Today, warmer temps, sunshine and snow plowing made the day easier to take.


Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne *Snowboarder*






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976701-An-Extra-Day