*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976960-Jobs-Jobs-Jobs
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#976960 added March 3, 2020 at 10:13am
Restrictions: None
Jobs, Jobs, Jobs.
If you could be paid for doing anything you wanted full time, what would you do? When you were a child, what did you dream of doing when you grew up? Then, take some time to research “unconventional” jobs (ie. hot air balloonist, deep sea invertebrate researcher, professional table tennis master, etc) and share one that you think you would be good at or would be fun to try.

Fairy playing a flute


When you were a child, what did you dream of doing when you grew up?

It depends on the age? Early on I wanted to be a cowgirl. My bicycle was always trigger. (a famous palomino owned by Roy Rogers.)

Later in childhood if the cat did not kill a red squirrel I would take the injured red squirrel put it in a shoe box and try to heal it. Never worked. One day my dad told me I should have let the cat kill the squirrel because I was probably prolonging its pain. So, I never tried to heal them any more.

As a teenager after working on the school newspaper and studying high school English I wanted to be a journalist. This was probably a good thing for me because I had so many questions that no one ever answered. Hense, my love of the information age. Unfortunately, answering one question just lead to another question.

I had a great aunt who was an osteopath in a time when that was kind of unusual, I guess. I was in first grade the year after my mom died. At school we went home for lunch and I would call her on the phone at lunch time. We talked about lots of things. I became interested in being a Dr. or thought I was. Anyway, I told my aunt who took care of me I wanted to be a Doctor. My Dad's family spits out Doctors, Lawyers, and teachers on a regular basis so not so far fetched.

Later, I shocked my aunt by stating my intention to become a veterinarian. She was not happy. I was not old enough to understand the difference in medicine plus, I was kind of duh about life and learning.

When I actually went to college I told this story to my advisor who was prodding me about what I would eventually chose as my major. He assured me Veterinary medicine was not out of the question. But, I eventually chose journalism .

In my early 20's I took an accredited course in Veterinary assistance, which had a lot of biology and human anatomy with it. Since, I've always had a lot to do with horses, dogs, cats, and parrots I was following some vague line to my real interests.

I actually became a dog groomer in my early 20's. A friend I rode and showed horses with was a dog groomer and taught me how to groom professionally.

Mostly, I was alone in my endeavors. I had lots of child care people, aunts from both sides of my family and a step mother. But, no special person to keep my path from being erratic.

Paid full time? I've had some jobs outside of the home. Worked in a Donut shop, a furniture factory, cleaned a pizza parlor, worked in a kennel. The job I liked best of that bunch was a kennel job in a ritzy kennel with all the bells and whistles for dog care and grooming. I cleaned kennels, fed dogs, and played with dogs all day.

For myself I taught horse back riding, raised sheep and dairy goats, and groomed dogs.

Now? Full Time? Who knows. Where could I work that I could impart all this knowledge I've accumulated?

After looking at some of the unusual jobs out there, I don't want to repossess planes or yachts for a living but it might be fun to interview someone who did. *Laugh*. I don't have credentials to stare at the planets all day.

75, I just found some job sites for people over 70. This is interesting .I'm not sure I could stand a full time job guess I'll surf jobs for awhile.




© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/976960-Jobs-Jobs-Jobs