*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977165-March-5--Surrounded-by-Success
by Tinker
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2206515
BiMonthly blog challenge accepted with an occasional jaunt to the Banana Bar Challenge.
#977165 added March 5, 2020 at 11:19am
Restrictions: None
March 5 Surrounded by Success
PROMPT March 5th


At this point in my life, waking in the morning is a success! I'm kidding. But I do measure my successes by the joy that fills me with each event and most mornings I wake joyfully.

Yesterday March 4, 2020, I was inducted into a sisterhood of philanthropic women, an international woman's service organization that raises funds for and grants scholarships to women who are seeking to further their education. I also watched as a very nice check was presented to a single Mom, the sole support of 2 kids, who went back to school in her 30s to become a nurse.

Membership is by invitation. The induction was old school lovely with the same ceremony and ritual the organization has used since it began in 1869. The chapter I joined is made up of women who are either established in their careers or are retired from successful careers. These are all accomplished women who have their own success stories to tell and they have banded together to give younger women a hand up. Becoming a part of this sisterhood is an honor and I joyfully begin this new journey. Joining PEO. is my very latest success.

together sisters
work to give a hand up
to women in need
         ~~jvg

© Copyright 2020 Tinker (UN: tinker1111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tinker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/977165-March-5--Surrounded-by-Success