*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978699-Handing-Off-the-Ball
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#978699 added March 21, 2020 at 10:34am
Restrictions: None
Handing Off the Ball
Today's chapter—

Interactive: "Liquored Up With Somewhere to Go
Public: "Liquored Up With Somewhere to Go

—ends my contribution to this branch, but it doesn't end the branch.** Masktrix is going to pick it up from here, and he's already got the next few chapters written.

Yeah, this has been a bit of a co-production, as you might have noticed from the "assisted by" credits I've been giving him.

This whole branch was mostly Masktrix's idea anyway. I was going to write "A Day That Starts Like Any Other and some sequels, and when Masktrix separately mentioned that he wanted to pair Will up with some girls for some non-magical shenanigans (before the book got involved), I saw that my plans and his would neatly intersect.

So I wrote "A Day That Starts Like Any Other" and "Things That Frighten You, and ended the latter with an invitation to go off and find some girls. Masktrix meanwhile had shown me a chapter where Will met up with some Xavier girls at the minigolf course. I thought it was great, but in order to merge his projected story into the branch I had started, I told him that I would need to insert some business that would cover the Libra's peregrinations. As a result, I took the chapter he had written, broke it into two parts, and filled them up with the business I needed done. Hence, the "assist" credits on chapters I published, which could just as easily have been posted as Masktrix chapters with an "assisted by Seuzz" credit.

Anyway, in today's chapter I carried the ball to the first down I needed to make, and now it's Masktrix's game.

** Except for the readers of the public pages. Sorry, but unless and until I pick up a sequel after what Masktrix will be writing, today's chapter is the last you're going to get here.

*

And what comes after that for me? TBH, I'm not sure.

I said I would be working on Spider-Man stuff again, but I only got one more episode of that written while hammering out this branch with Masktrix. I have also been doing some consulting work with Nostrum, and writing captions for Achillesredux, and those seem to be ongoing projects.

So I won't be publishing any more BoM chapters under my name for a spell, but I might still be doing BoM stuff behind the scenes. I talked about running some kind of poll based on suggestions I got from readers, but although I've got some suggestions I am going to hold off on the poll until I've done more Spider-Man work.

But I don't think there's going to be a shortage of BoM chapters around here. Masktrix has some chapters in a backlog, and Nostrum has a whole glorious storyline plotted out.

© Copyright 2020 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978699-Handing-Off-the-Ball