*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978947-So-That-Spider-Man-Project
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #2156493
A hub for the "Book of Masks" universe.
#978947 added March 23, 2020 at 3:26pm
Restrictions: None
So, That "Spider-Man" Project
To recap, for those who have forgotten or don't know what I'm talking about:

Last summer I tripped onto reruns of Marvel's Spider-Man, which is a Disney XD animated series that is vaguely related to the Tom Holland Spider-Man movies, in the sense that it portrays Spider-Man during his teenage years. I wasn't super-impressed by what I saw, though I appreciated certain aspects of it. (And deplored other aspects.) Then I found out that Season Three (which began airing last September) was to be an adaptation of the "Superior Spider-Man" arc from a few years back, and—for reasons obvious to any reader of BoM—I thought that was right up my wheelhouse.

My original plan was to write my own adaptation of that storyline, which I would post here at WdC in conjunction with the broadcast, because it would be fun to see how what I came up with compared to what the official series came up with. After reviewing the first two series in their entirety, though, I decided to do something even more ambitious. I would basically rewrite the entire series up to that point because, frankly, I was underwhelmed by some of the choices they had made in those first two seasons.

So I went back and designed my own, alternate version of the series. Replotted things, brought in some new-to-the-animated-series characters, adapted or carried over certain episodes that I thought did work, and basically just set up my own version of the thing.

I had written 21 out of 38 episodes when I gave up out of exhaustion, and I had posted 9 of them. You can find those nine treatments in this new folder in my portfolio: "Marvel Spider-Man: The Alternate Series. Needless to say, I did not reach the point of writing the "Superior" storyline, which I guess has come and gone in the meantime without my seeing it.

Anyhow, my plan (time and energy permitting) is to get back into that project, and to at least finish "revising" the first two seasons.

I have reread and done some editing to the treatments I already wrote, and have written a new treatment (for episode 22), and starting tomorrow I will resume publishing treatments from my backlog while pushing on into new episodes. For now, anyone who is interested to see what I've come up with can go read what I've got at the above link.

If you want a sense of the pictures, movement, voices, sounds, and textures that would go with the words, you can watch the first episode of the real series on Disney XD's official YouTube channel: Horizon High, Part 1  .

That will also allow you to compare their version of the first episode to my version: "S01E01 "The Tilting Horizon".

© Copyright 2020 Seuzz (UN: seuzz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Seuzz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/978947-So-That-Spider-Man-Project