*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979127-March-25--I-would-love-to-read-about
by Tinker
Rated: E · Book · Writing · #2206515
BiMonthly blog challenge accepted with an occasional jaunt to the Banana Bar Challenge.
#979127 added March 25, 2020 at 11:21am
Restrictions: None
March 25 I would love to read about
PROMPT March 25th


Ideas for War Chest Prompts

1. I know you will have a few but, choose one of your all-time favorite poets or writers and tell us how their writing has influenced yours.

2. Take a walk today and share in a blog what you experienced.

3. Yesterday my grandkids watched as 5 kittens came into this world. Share an experience of new life that you have experienced in some way.

*PenG* *PenB* *PenP* *PenY* *PenR* *PenV*



"Gross!" was my 16 year old granddaughter's response. The littlest one kept saying "she's crying" and his Mom's reply "Yes Camden, having a baby friggin hurts." The excitement just went on and on as one kitten after another just "shot out of the mother" according to the oldest of the 4 kids watching. I had the privilege of listening on the phone during the birth of 5 kittens while my grandkids were present for the moment. Then photos came over my text showing me a shot of a furry cat with 5 little newbies snuggled in. I could barely discern where mother ended and kitten started, the photo was just a blur of fur, but the moment was shared.

Because of the "shelter at home" mandate, all 4 of my grandchildren are sequestered at home instead of attending school. Consequently, timing couldn't have been more perfect. When the stray cat they adopted, not knowing she was pregnant, decided it was time to give birth, all of my grandchildren got to watch. My 10-year old grandson didn't stick around long, and only watched one born, he couldn't take the crying. But all 3 girls stayed their distance and saw birth first hand. My daughter-in-law's comment to me was, this cat was a pro. She popped them out, cleaned them up and tolerated the audience.

Birth is a miracle of life, an overwhelming moment of joy, pain, and gratitude.

brand new black kitten
snuggles into the warmth of
exhausted mother
         ~~jvg








© Copyright 2020 Tinker (UN: tinker1111 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Tinker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/979127-March-25--I-would-love-to-read-about