*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980630-Isolation
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#980630 added April 9, 2020 at 5:04pm
Restrictions: None
Isolation
It has been another hole in the pit of my stomach kind of week spent at work! We watch, we wait, and we worry. The numbers increase on both sides of the fence for good and bad. We do our due diligence with scrubbing, masking, temperature taking, and PPE placement. Each patient brought to us with symptoms brings new fears for them and us. It is like living life in a petri dish and watching while the germs overtake the poor person. They are watched by goggled, plastic garbed,and masked strangers wary of their every move.. They do this all alone away from loved ones and not knowing what the outcome will be.They count the minutes awaiting the results of tests or for signs of the virus worsening. Each cough, each temperature increase, sneeze, or restless fatigue brings heightened fear. Each healthcare worker shoves the worry for themselves and co-workers to the far reaches of their minds but it exists It is the monster that nightmares are built upon. No one wants to be the person sitting alone in that bed without family surrounding them. No one wants to visualize the tube being shoved down their throat or feel the panic of not being able to breath. No one wants to feel this isolation unlike any other. In this quarantine you are not given the opportunity to fight over toilet paper or point at people walking in the park. You don't get to order your food curbside. There are no Easter Bunnies on your lawn or the chance to watch the kids hunt eggs. It is seclusion in a solitary cubicle of someone else's making. My heart breaks for each of these people. Stay home, stay safe, and help us fight the good fight.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980630-Isolation