*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980974-The-Jokes-On-Us
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2207577
So playing the trombone wasn't getting me in enough trouble?
#980974 added April 13, 2020 at 12:39pm
Restrictions: None
The Jokes On Us!
5 DAY Andre the Blog Monkey's April Fools Mystery Writing Challenge

Andre's Stone Ball Challenge


Hundreds of these large stone spheres are scattered across the Costa Rican jungle and are thought to have been constructed by prehistoric humans. For years, they have baffled scientists and archaeologists as to why they are there and how they were built. The spheres range up to 2.4 meters (8 ft) in diameter and are almost perfectly round.

Blog Prompt for Day 4 - Andre the Blog Monkey helped me out with today's prompt. Andre sometimes drinks vodka to a point where he talks of stone ball drinking parties in the jungles of Costa Rica. I looked it up and it's a legit thing. I asked Andre about the stone balls but he doesn't remember much about anything. Andre will name a drink in the bar after the blogger who writes the best explanation of ... The Mystery of the Stone Balls of Costa Rica.



The Joke’s On Us!



Pol Tu’ Sei and Utri Fey’ Dza had been best friends for as long as they could remember, all the way back to when they had broken out of the hard shells they pupated in. Today was a great day for them, finally old enough to take the family cruiser out on their own they decided to make the best of it. Packing a light lunch of millu mash snacks, they set off on their first adventure in the universe.

Setting a course to a familiar planet, one they had visited before with their older siblings, they settled in for the brief hundred million light year ride. Barely having time for a brisk game of nahdar sama before the craft announced their arrival at a planet they called Arin Eenal.

“What should we do first,” wondered Dza?

“Let’s go visit those giant heads your brother made on that little land mass surrounded by the big water, I want to watch the terrestrials do that little dance around them…”

Dza giggled. “Affirmative, that will be entertaining!” She set the coordinates into the nav-guide and hit the travel button, a small lurch told them the craft had entered the planet’s atmosphere and that they were on their way. The trip to the little land mass took almost as long as the trip to the planet did, another quick game of nahdar sama pasted the time.

Sei and Dza laughed at the terrestrial’s dance, watching them circle and gyrate around and around the giant stone heads that Dza’s brother had set into the ground. The terrestrials weaved among them, emitting weird smoke from some form of tube they sucked on, moving more and more frenzied before finally collapsing in heaps on the ground.

The two friends waited a bit, but the terrestrials seemed to be in some sort of stupor, unconscious and unmoving. “This is boring,” Sei complained, “nothing’s happening…”

“You’re right,” Dza agreed.“ “Whatta wanna do now? Hey! I know…”

“What?”

“Let’s go make our own play things for the terrestrials…”

“Here?” Sei looked down in confusion. “Your brother used all the easy to find surface rock up.”

“No,” she answered, already powering up the nav-guide. “We’ll go someplace else – someplace new!”

They skimmed over the water, heading away from the planet’s day side, a short trip brought them to a much larger land mass, now in the dark, they searched for the perfect place to set up their practical joke on the terrestrials who lived there.

“Now what should we do,” wonder Sei aloud, “more heads like your brothers?”

“Well, the instructions for them are still in the fabricator, but there are no stones big enough.” Making a face. “Besides do we just want to copy my dumb brother?”

“Hey!” Very excited. “What about mining spheres, we can make them any size, are there any good size stones for that, Sei asked?”
“Plenty, that’s perfect.” Dza laughed gleefully. “Just let me punch that into the fabricator…”

The crafts lights dimmed a bit as its fabrication unit came on line, returning to full brightness once the reactor compensated for the increased demand.

“How many should we make Dza?”

“I set a size and a radius parameter, it will make as many spheres as there are enough stones of the right size in one hundred berlul…”

Just then the both their ‘rent-coms chirped a greeting tone, they both rolled their eyes, but dutifully answered the call from their parents.

“Where are you two,” sounded the implant in their ear hole.

“We’re just playing on Arin Eenal…”

“Well, it’s almost meal time, come home now,” the ‘rent-com ordered.

“But…” They protested together.

“Now!” Firmly, “or no more craft time”

Dza shut down the fabricator reluctantly, “well, we created over three hundred spheres, that should get the terrestrial’s attention.”

“Let’s hurry home, Sei laughed, “I wan’na come back next day and see what happens when they find them!!”

© Copyright 2020 Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. (UN: brennus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Richard ~ Shenanigans INC. has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/980974-The-Jokes-On-Us