*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981348-Investing-and-Our-Future-Post-CoronaVirus
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#981348 added April 17, 2020 at 8:08pm
Restrictions: None
Investing and Our Future Post CoronaVirus
Okay, Wall Street closes higher again. I've got my broker on speed dial to get me out of the market if this thing nose dives again. Value of my portfolio is almost back to where I want it.

The value of bonds is rising. Thankfully investors are more hopeful for our future amid this pandemic. I think that's because the worst of it may be over in major cities. Now mid to small size areas more remotely located are feeling the brunt, like here in Green Bay.

Why am I posting this in newsfeed? I just started typing and now this thing is getting long.

Financially, things are looking up for investors. It's getting people back to work and back into arenas to enjoy leisure that is going to take awhile. This is a rollercoaster ride for sure. I need to secure my investments and not lose another 30% of my portfolio value. So, i'll see how fickle market will be in days, weeks and months to come.

You know, most trading is done by computers that are programmed to react to market conditions. I'm in some hedge funds that rely on this, and between my wife and I are over 70% reliant on stocks.

I went to all bonds in 2008 and pretty much dove back into the market the day after Trump was elected. I pulled out most of my portfolio to fund an annuity one year ago. I can start drawing on that in seven years, if I chose.Three years away from no mortgage payment.

Most people live from paycheck to paycheck, I hear. Unemployment checks are still not arriving. And the government stimulus lump sums got here, but the additional federal money for unemployment is still months away.

Lots of information about this unusual time in history to take in and consider. Are they driving the market up unnecessarily to get investors a false security before another major sell off? Corporations still doing buy backs like pharmaceuticals who  would rather own their own stock to control price rather than spend more money on research.

Well Wall Street investors don't have all the control, because what drives economy is the consumers ability to spend. If there is no place to drive our cars to but grocers, and everyone is getting the virus at meat packing plants, and not enough money to spend, where will we be months from now?

Even if we wind up with extra dough. You can't even bet on sports. I have a few stock tips.

Just bet on Amazon, Walmart, Costco and Target to name a few, because they are set up well to deliver goods. Leisure on the internet is growing. Look at Zoom. They are creating playrooms now. Imagine, we all could be Zooming or playrooming all at once. Too much unknowable yet about that. But, but some industries are popping up out of this.

Eating at home is getting easier. As is buying goods over internet. More people will order from home in the future, as people grow accustomed.

Well, you could bet on the market with an online app and make a few bucks. I just do it because I'm bored. Just to show my financial advisor I can outinvest him. I might or I might not.

Okay, i'm taking this to my blog. Edit later.

© Copyright 2020 Lorem Ipsum, Perhaps? (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lorem Ipsum, Perhaps? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981348-Investing-and-Our-Future-Post-CoronaVirus