*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981569-New-Memories
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#981569 added April 19, 2020 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
New Memories

My daughter and the girl in the plastic bubble are listening to vinyl tonight. Right now, playing song we sang to her at bedtime when she was little:



Listening to the high parts now. I was the only one who dared sing that part.

Life will be normal again. Making new and special memories. It’s the dawn of a new era.

When these 14 days of captivity are up, I want to get a video of her climbing up the back stairs to the garage like a miner exiting a shaft  trapped by a cave in.

But that would be insensitive to those who’ve been through that very real life or death drama, except I don’t know them. And, they’ve never heard of me. So, the only people who could be offended are people who just take offense on behalf of those not available to witness.

And yet,

this is a real life drama. This does factor life and death. This is about sacrifice and a family kept apart.

I will have my video. But, I’m seriously worried she’ll just run right upstairs to her Waterpik.

(CURRENT PHOTO NOT AVAILABLE)

Instead, I give you this:



Three days in partial captivity. Bring my wife and our mother home!

We’re hungry. Serious, nothing to eat except cereal.

© Copyright 2020 Lorem Ipsum, Perhaps? (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lorem Ipsum, Perhaps? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981569-New-Memories