*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981616-Paradise
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#981616 added April 20, 2020 at 2:58pm
Restrictions: None
Paradise
Paradise, it wasn't! But I and everyone else survived! That is the description of my weekend at work. It seems sad that I measure the minutes spent at a job I once loved to a torture chamber. And I am not even on A Covid floor! It has to do with the increased work load on nurses on all floors. Staff is short and the acuity is high. As a regular nurse I have six of my own patients, add to that my charge nurse duty that encompasses twenty-one ill individuals that I am responsible for. It leaves me feeling like I was wearing roller skates all night as I fought to put out fires and maintain the health and safety of all. There are 206 bones in the human body, each and every one of mine hurt this morning.It may sound like I am whining but that is not the purpose of this blog As tired as I am, I feel incredibly proud of the work we did last night. I am aware that this is happening to every nurse on every floor across the country. So I salute my colleagues for all of the incredible work we do. Take just two minutes of that non-existent break to pat yourself on the back for kicking butt and taking names. keep fighting the good fight ladies and gentlemen.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/981616-Paradise