*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982740-Coronavirus-Freedoms-and-Quarantines
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#982740 added May 21, 2020 at 3:16pm
Restrictions: None
Coronavirus Freedoms and Quarantines
Today, is Jen's first day out of isolation from the Coronavirus. It has been 72 hours without major symptoms, which means she can go back to work. But according to of the county health department, the rest of us have to quarantine at home for the next two weeks.  That's going to make it difficult for a few upcoming appointments. I have to reschedule the dentist for my daughter and I.

But questions surrounding testing me for the virus before shoulder surgery with my current quarantine are going to make it interesting. I am going to be coming out of Quarantine on the 18th and on the 19th I am scheduled for surgery, tentatively. Part of the problem is,  they will need to do a coronavirus test for me going in and then having to quarantine for three days prior to surgery. With me home self quarantining during that time I wouldn't be able to come in three days early, so they're talking about testing me right away to show that I don't have the virus so I don't have to further quarantine another week to two weeks and reschedule that surgery if somehow I test positive.

So, the left shoulder tear is the result of an injury I suffered over 25 years ago and have just lived with because it has not hindered me. However, I did use yoga about 10 years ago and got further mobility out of it and basketball helped, too.  It's time had come, especially with this worldwide shutdown. A lot of contact sport and usage caused the rotator cuff to become so deteriorated I could barely reach out to pick up something off my nightstand without pain. I knew it was time. And what they discovered is a 1 cm x 2 cm tear all the way across.

I luck out once again by having the right doctor for my surgery. First time, on my right shoulder, I had the best rotator cuff specialist probably in the state. They said it was like repairing a major league pitcher's arm. And now with my aging, I am fortunate to have a Sports Medicine specialist who would do a surgery on tear as large as mine, despite.  The other doctor would've told me to just live with it. 

My wife is telling me horror stories about how much harder this is going to be for me to recover from this, versus the first shoulder repair. But this is not a dominant arm, and I don't think that I have to get as full a range of motion from it. I think she thinks that there's gonna be a high pain factor because, but she forgets I have a high pain tolerance. She had me taking too many meds.

I was acting weird on here post surgery in late 2013, early 2014. I sometimes laugh at what I wrote, though I did snag first place in the Dear Me contest in January that year, somehow, against great odds. I'm suspecting greater than 90 to one, if you catch my drift.

So, okay then.

5.5.20

© Copyright 2020 Lorem Ipsum, Perhaps? (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Lorem Ipsum, Perhaps? has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/982740-Coronavirus-Freedoms-and-Quarantines