*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984351-KIndness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#984351 added May 26, 2020 at 8:09am
Restrictions: None
KIndness
Happy Memorial Day, although I am late there is good reason. I have been trapped within the concrete walls of hospital life. It was busy and long, but at least survivable. I return again tonight and tomorrow so will be exhausted by Thursday. That is just the way life is these days. I feel as if the days of COVID are sucking the life out of me, but it is the same for all the people that I know. Time is passing without the enjoyment of living. Before the virus we could gather in our off days and celebrate life but we remain cloistered. It is wearing on the soul. One phenomena I have noticed is that the mental health of everyone is suffering. At the hospital some of the patients, who suffer from mental health issues on a daily basis, now seem to be caught in a perpetual full moon effect. They are angry and confused with no place other than the hospital to turn. They have lost the will, the rhythm, and patterns needed to maintain productivity for themselves. This is not reported in the media as it should be for it is very sad to witness. Their worlds, like everyone else's, was turned upside down but they lack the coping skills needed to survive the onslaught. My challenge to all that read this blog is to remember that we do not all walk in the same shoes. Offer love, comfort, and friendship when possible. Be the light we so desperately need.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984351-KIndness