*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984601-The-End----but-not-really
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1196512
Not for the faint of art.
#984601 added May 30, 2020 at 12:27am
Restrictions: None
The End -- but not really
Well, that's it for the prompts for a while. Though I'll probably devote some time next month to blogging for "Journalistic Intentions [18+]. It's the least I can do since one of those prompts came from me.

PROMPT May 30th

Congratulations on making it to the last day of the competition! What was your favorite prompt from the last month? What was the most rewarding aspect of participating in the competition? What did you learn?


The problem with these "favorite prompt" questions that pop up at the end of a 30DBC round is that I remember more recent prompts and have already forgotten the earlier ones, because my memory is crap. So anything I say is going to be biased toward more recent entries. I mean, I had a lot of fun with yesterday's "dream house" prompt, so I'm going to go with that one, but I do remember thinking I enjoyed most of the prompts this time.

Unless I have a record of something, I will tend to forget it. That's one reason I blog -- periodically, I'll review earlier entries, and sometimes it's like seeing someone else's writing, because it's new again to me. So, the "most rewarding aspect" was probably that I now have a record of what it was like for me living through a pandemic. If it weren't for blogging, I probably wouldn't have recorded my impressions of it at all. As it is, I barely scratched the surface.

What did I learn? That's kind of problematic. I already knew I could blog every day. I learn something every day anyway, because, even though I haven't mentioned it in here much recently, I'm continuing to learn French, my efforts to do so hampered mostly by my aforementioned crappy memory. I make up for that with repetition. But that has nothing to do with blogging. I learned stuff about other bloggers, but, again, I'll probably have to be reminded what it was.

Thanks for reading, thanks for the prompts, and I hope you'll stick around -- I'm not going to stop writing in here, though as always, I reserve the right to take a night or two off. Probably won't, though, not next month. It's not like I'm going on vacation or anything.

© Copyright 2020 Robert Waltz (UN: cathartes02 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Robert Waltz has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/984601-The-End----but-not-really