*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985957-Chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #2224599
Soldier turned engineer, she was abandoned on a strange planet left for dead.
#985957 added June 18, 2020 at 10:59pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 2
Sahara stood outside leaning against her bike she was now on her lunch break. She scrolled through her phone checking the stats on the automaton wars, an arena battle competition. “Ar damn! The Destroyer is in the bottom of the league!” She exclaimed and whacked her robotic arm against the side of her motorcycle. “If I gave the automaton a good tune up it would win,” she said to herself.
She tapped the ash of her cigarette on the floor and took another drag, she lifted her eyes to the sky as she exhaled. “One day I’ll be working for the big cyber companies,” she dropped her cigarette and stamped it out with the toe of her boot. She returned to the garage and continued working on the hover car. She had managed to clean up most of the engine, topped up the oil and fixed up the worn out metal.
“How’s it going?” Eldrik asked.
“Fine,” she said chewing another cigarette in between her teeth.
“I’ll be glad when this car leaves the garage,” he said.
“So will I, but I can guarantee you it will be back in here with in a month,” she said.
“You’re probably right, the driver is as young as you. I know how you young ones like to race through the streets and roads,” he said.
“Hey! I am a part of the racing team, I am allowed,” she said.
“Yes and it cost you your arm,“” he said tapping her titanium arm.
“Yes, but now it makes it easier to drift around corners,” she said.
“Yes, I’ve had to replace the tyres on both the car and your motorcycle because the tread is worn down so much!” he exclaimed.
“Hey it’s not my fault,” she said.
“Well.” He said and walked up the stairs to his office.
“Just because you’re jealous your racing days are over,” she yelled.
“That’s not a valid argument!” he called back.
“It is,” she said. Eldrik sighed and slammed his door shut, he knew he wasn’t going to win. “That’s what I thought,” she took a long drag and stared up at the clock in the middle of the garage, “four hours to go.” She sighed the smoke out. She suddenly heard engines revving loudly near the shop and ran outside. A group of six boys were racing each other on the new models of the street racing bikes, it put her motorcycle to shame. She had to get one but the salary that she was paid she would never be able to afford one.
She had to shell out for bills, and the upkeep of her current racing vehicles. One boy slowed down in front of her, she caught the companies name it was the same company she dreamt to work for. It was Caelestis. If she had one of those street bikes she was guaranteed to win every race, earn more money and then she could move out of the engineer sector and move somewhere higher up in the city.
© Copyright 2020 Raven Valentino (UN: sylvanas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Raven Valentino has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/985957-Chapter-2