*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986867-Brewing-Caldron
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#986867 added June 30, 2020 at 5:05pm
Restrictions: None
Brewing Caldron
Feelings, a commodity of human nature, alter with the blowing of the wind. Anger, the most volatile emotion in the repertoire of mankind, has been unleashed and given free reign. We are free of consequences to batter people of differing opinions on social media. Anonymity of the keyboard allows for logic of argument, courteous behavior, and goodwill to be tossed away. We are unable to escape the turmoil and explosive nature of our anger. The pot is constantly stirred to ensure the feeding of our most raw appetite . The memes depicting societal stupidity flow without censure. Media, on each side of a debate, show footage benefiting their argument, never portraying the full view. We are left to fester in the stew of our own making, with few people willing to clamor for more facts and insight into the story. We have become pawns for the medias interpretation of events. If we begin to eliminate the emotion from the current debate of the day, maybe we can come together to discuss our thoughts. If we start to hold ourselves accountable for the words we type in anger, just maybe the hatred would slow. If we look at all sides of an argument, maybe solutions are possible. Our current brewing caldron is a dangerous legacy for future generations. We can so do much better than we have done of late. Think before you post, pray before you type, love before you hate, and offer hope instead of doom.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986867-Brewing-Caldron