*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986880-Amish-and-Roaming-Gangs
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#986880 added June 30, 2020 at 7:20pm
Restrictions: None
Amish and Roaming Gangs
I heard some noise this morning as I got my rear in gear and got the morning going. I looked out the back door to see what all the ruckus was. Some Amish guys were cutting down bushes two doors down. The wooden fence that once adorned the space was gone, disappeared overnight.

Now I knew this was going to happen. Joann had told me this a few weeks back when we chatted. She owns the home, rents it out. She and Ken are doing some major work on this beauty. And the house is a beauty, one of the originals in town. It is the same age as our home, and still has the woodwork and built-ins from the 1900's when it was built. They take great care choosing tenants, unlike some people in town. No pets, no smokers.
So anyway, they're really working on this place. New siding, new roof, new windows, inside work, work on the garage and now a new fence. We have an Amish enclave outside town. They are hard-working men that occasionally do jobs around town. This group of three men has erected a chain link fence around the house today in short order. I have to say it sure does look a lot nicer.

But a tragedy met my eyes as I checked the noise this morning. Lurking in the backyard was a Siamese cat, back by the bird house where a pair of wrens was nesting. So I go charging out and shoo it away. And wouldn't you know it - some home wrecker has somehow knocked down the bird house and the birds are gone and a tiny little brown egg inside the nest is broken. So I don't know if the storms of the last few days had anything to do with this, or if the cats that roam the neighborhood like gangs of ruffians are to blame, but my cheery little wrens are gone. Darn! And now we have to decide if we put that bird house back in place. It is probably too low, or just leave the higher bird house in place. So the urban renewal committee will have to meet and decide what action will have to be taken.

It is too cool again, and trying to rain again, to sit on our porch. But I did take a break on a friend's patio on my walk today. We chatted for a time. It had been weeks since we'd talked. She is more fearful than I am about the whole virus issue. So she keeps to herself, and we see each other not as often as we'd like. We used to walk the 'kids' when I had a dog and her older dog was still alive. Now she has a new puppy, about 6 months old, and almost full grown. Cutest thing ever! It's a golden-doodle. Oh my.... puppy love. It was hard to leave good company, but it was time to fix our meal and get back to hubby.

The banana bread is almost ready to take out of the oven. I need to work on some other projects.

Queen Norma Jean *Crown* says Keep Calm and Write On!!!!!

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/986880-Amish-and-Roaming-Gangs