*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988869-Busy-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#988869 added July 22, 2020 at 12:15pm
Restrictions: None
Busy Day
This morning on the porch is warm and sunny. Today is to be hot, they say. With a cloudless blue sky and bright sun, the weatherman may be right. But it is July, and at this elevation we are closer to the sun than most, so we will probably be hot. But the best thing about our low humidity is the cool-off at night. It was 57 degrees this morning. Nice.

A man staying with Jack and Heather, who live two doors down, finally moved his big 5th wheel RV. It had been parked on the street for about a month. Annoying, it blocked traffic, making our street a one-way. So yesterday we saw his big truck hooked to the trailer and then off it went. Hooray! The street is clear again.

The grasshoppers are still gnawing away on the garden. Little terrorists. We tried to buy some organic preparations online, but all sources are sold out. I guess we aren't the only ones having troubles. *Grasshopper**Grass* *Grasshopper**Grass**Grasshopper* The hardware store said they may have the magic potion in on Thursday. We'll see if that is true and we''ll buy that Neem oil. I know Sevin works, but I do an organic garden. So I moan and groan about pests, but put up with them.

Soon we head out to do Meals on Wheels. *CarG* We have a routine, and it takes more or less half an hour. So first down 3rd Street West, a few ladies there, then down to 1st Street West, a lady there. Then it's over to Main Street and a lady who works at the Self Storage office. Then over to the East side, a man in a repair place, then two ladies on 2nd Street East, a lady and man on 6th Ave East, then back to 1st Street East and a couple there, then over to a rent-controlled apartment with meals for two ladies. Then we head back across Main Street and give a meal to a man on 10th Ave West, head up the hill and give meals to a lady in a trailer on 13th Street West and another to a family, not sure who gets this one, right across the street. Sometimes there are more, sometimes there are less. But that is pretty much the route we take. Hubby drives and gives out meals, I keep track of the list and help when there are two at an address. *Smile* So we not only deliver meals, we also check on people. Say hello, make sure they are okay. Report back to the powers that be if we see anything out of the ordinary. For some of these folks, it may be the only visitor they get all day, any day.

So off to Meals on Wheels. I hope the meal is something I can eat. If not, back home again to fix home food. I will try to drop off some SE Montana *Mountains* tour guides to motels today, then off to church *Cross1* , then off to the thrift store *ShirtG* , then later off to play practice *Mask*. Whew, Wednesday is a busy day for me. But I enjoy busy. Good thing.







© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/988869-Busy-Day