*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989115-Friendship-and-a-Writers-Tone
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#989115 added July 25, 2020 at 12:12pm
Restrictions: None
Friendship and a Writer’s Tone
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: “Friendship ... is born at the moment when one man says to another "What! You too? I thought that no one but myself . . .”
― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves
Is there someone in your life that you've had that ‘what, you, too?’ moment with and when you thought it happen only to yourself? Share something special about that relationship.

----

Yes, actually there have been several people like that in my life, but I’ll talk about the earliest one as it is also the longest best-friend relationship.

It started probably years before I turned 10. It had to do with our love of writing, drawing pictures, plus some mischief, which the elders tried to steer us toward more sensible areas. My cousin and I quickly discovered we both had the same exact likes, dislikes, and complaints about our family.

I can’t recall any one single moment but probably it started with one and was reaffirmed through consequent moments. Although later on while distances and different lifestyles have changed a bit, our friendship still stays very strong, and now is being re-emphasized through the internet.

My cousin is a year younger than me and nowadays more upbeat while in her earlier life she was moodier than me. Still, we usually have the same thoughts, and when we talk on the phone, we end up saying the same exact sentence, word, or phrase at the same instant, just as it used to happen in our earliest days.

*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*



For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Rhyssa ’s "Dreaming
Without the words that form my dreams and impulse themselves upon my hand, I am nothing.
Use this line in your Blog entry today.

---

“Without the words that form my dreams and impulse themselves upon my hand, I am nothing,” says Rhyssa. I think she is much more than that, but knowing how well she uses her words and how easy and sincere her writing sounds, I can’t argue about it much, can I?

It isn’t easy when writing an essay to escape from the tone of a corporate memo and give the writing a human voice with a sincere conversational tone. One would need a few sparks of energy, a dash of compassion for oneself and others, and sincerity, and still be able to write something different, respectable, and enjoyable.

Well, Rhyssa has done it in her personal essay, providing a great example for us. Her tone is perfectly sincere, as tone is the attitude with which we write.

Good writers inspire others into action and initiate change. Instead of being bossy and sounding knowledgeable with our writerliness, we can all start by understanding our readers’ frustrations, wishes, hesitations, and fears as well as our own. Then we can put all those in a simple, clear, and understandable words, by possibly omitting too long sentences, so our unique personality shows through our work.



© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989115-Friendship-and-a-Writers-Tone