*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989826-Facebook-Chopped-Me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#989826 added August 3, 2020 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Facebook Chopped Me
Here I sit in the living room, just about ready for a storm to start. Or will it? Gray skies on the horizon, but the air is dry. The barometer is falling and the weather service and radar says it's on the way. Perhaps. *Lightning* *Rain* We could use a good rain. But please, no hail. That would be bad. Worse than the curse of grasshoppers. And when the hoppers show up as a big green blob on radar, you know they are a problem.

Tomorrow is Billings day. Oh brother. That means a whole day of shopping. Fun and games. Then today I added another stop. Let me back up. Friday night hubby and I were sitting in the same living room watching a TCM movie, innocent enough. I rubbed my eye, no big deal. Then it seemed a bit scratchy after. So when the movie ended, I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. "Uh, honey...Look at this!" My entire eye looked like a big red marble. His response, "Get in the car. We're going to the ER." So we go, 'Did you call your eye doctor?' is the response of the RN, and no, I didn't because he would probably say go to the ER! and then the provider on duty, which by the way is never a doctor, just a nurse practitioner or some such thing, gives me a cursory glance then calls an eye doctor in Billings, then sends me on my way after telling me it's a type of superficial hemorrhage. Should clear up after a few days. So we go home. I've been laying low for a few days. But then today I thought perhaps my real eye doctor should look at this. *Doctor* So I have an appointment to see him tomorrow. But of course, I had to rearrange my haircut appointment to make that work. Now we have a laundry list of places to go. Stop here, stop there, get this, get that. Buy this, buy that. I'm already tired.

A lady that worked at a restaurant here in town passed away a few days ago. She'd worked there for years. I worked there for a few weeks. My opinion of her was not kind. So at a meeting this morning everyone was saying how kind and caring and wonderful she was. I just had to say "Sorry, but I must be the only person in town that has to disagree with all of you." None of those people ever worked with this woman, strange how opinions of people are formed. I had no preconceived idea going into the job, but sure had an opinion as I left that position.

I went to the post office this morning on behalf of a non-profit group I head. We do a mass mailing in the fall, and I have no clue on how to proceed. And as you would know it, the previous head gave me no information on how to do this. The post mistress was the most helpful person, she even gave me her home number, call me at home *Smartphone* at night if you need help getting this going. When is the last time a government employee told you that? *ThumbsUp* So now I have to work on EDDM as they call it. Get with the printer, edit the flier, get the project going. *Smile*

Then today at our lunch time a friend calls and asked if we could open the museum, we live right across the street. The volunteer was running late. Shelley is the volunteer coordinator and knows we'll pretty much do whatever she asks, within reason. 'Sure, no problem.' So I wander over, carrying my lunch plate. But boy, she sure takes her time getting there. Then I go back home and we have dessert. Mmmm, homemade yellow cake with chocolate icing. *CakeB*

Monday is Bible study at church, then we do a Bible study live on the radio and Facebook. Except today as we got started Facebook had a hiccup and stopped in the middle of it all. DARN! Since I was the moderator today, I looked down at the computer and thought to myself, really?? So I just exit out of the blasted computer and say FINE! *Smirk* No more computer. I will post an apology to our listeners when I get home.

Most every Monday I motor over to my favorite thrift store and say hey. I found a really cute skirt I put on hold til I volunteer there on Wednesday. So we talk a few moments before they close then I come home for the night. Now I'm watching a favorite show - 'Chopped' - on the Food network. I love seeing what they do with normal and weird ingredients. *Shark* *Bird* *Cabbage* *StarfishB* *Lemon* *Utensils*

Still waiting on rain folks!




© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/989826-Facebook-Chopped-Me