*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990107-Pictures-for-A-Day
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#990107 added August 6, 2020 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
Pictures for A Day
BCoF There are beautiful pictures in the links, your prompt is to pick one and write a poem or a story about that location. Be creative.


Fairy playing a flute *Fairy*



I shared this YouTube because it's a picture of the music Tom Curtain sings. This particular song appeals to me because it shows the specific female ability to overcome things this world can throw at them.

Some one had the nerve to tell me a few years ago that Women don't run farms. This was a female who pushes the stereotype in the USA of a women knitting, sewing, wearing dresses, and saying yes sir to the man of the house.

Women don't rum farms? It made me laugh. Who ran the family farm when Daniel Boone was roaming around with the Indians? When the statesmen were in Philadelphia forming and signing the Declaration of Independence. Who was running the family farm? A lot of those statesmen came from Plantations and farming communities. Someone had to build the agricultural bases that cause a country to be able to grow and expand. In this day when it takes two incomes to be able to raise the children and pay the bills. One of the two goes to work in a factory the other drives the tractors and feeds the livestock.

I know women running farms today. It's a energy sucking job with a great feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day. People running a farm, ranch, plantation sleep well at the end of a day.

Bills to pay,
Bad weather for hay,
Time to feed livestock,
Getting every chore done means,
standing like an unmovable rock.

Have you fed a nation? Women have for generations.

Garden sowing,crop harvest, and cooking meals, have you ever heard an army moves on its stomach.

There use to be large farms around here. In the last 50 years they have collapsed. The land is split up and sold in small acreages of 10 to 50 acres. Now, these people,who are investing in a few acres, are buying small tractors. They raise dairy goats, sheep, pigs, a beef cow or two, hunt for the white tail deer, and they feed their families. Women are raising chickens, collecting eggs, and grinding meat to store and freezing vegetables for winter.

Factories are closing but, underneath there is a movement of people that still know that agriculture is the basis for growth in any nation. Scientists, nurses, doctors, lawyers, writers all have to eat. Who will feed the people who think and develop technology?

All this study of the outback shows the importance in every nation of agricultural need.

Listen to the music Tom curtain sings. He can see the need of the people. He sings about the men and women who work the land and make a difference in every way. They feed the people food, knowledge, and fill lots of daily needs, with agriculture.

Music always has a picture and a message.























apondia#1781748






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/990107-Pictures-for-A-Day