*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991063-Something-and-something-called-something-you-know
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#991063 added August 17, 2020 at 10:29pm
Restrictions: None
Something and something called something, you know
We hit the century mark this afternoon for the first time this summer.*Sun* Yep - 100 degrees. But it was overcast, so it could have been worse. Thank goodness!

There were three red ribbon *Ribbon* cuttings this day. We do welcomes for new businesses in town with a group I volunteer for. We welcomed a new massage therapist, a new used car lot, and new nail salon. In this retail climate and this crazy time for every thing else that's going on, it is brave for anyone to want to start a new business, so kudos to these folks!

I am especially excited for the massage therapist. We used to go to a massage person a few times a week when we lived in Gardiner. Great alternative therapy. I have had a few injuries from a car accident and massage is about the only thing that has ever helped. So I definitely will be calling this woman.

At lunch today I spied an old cook book for pies and cakes. *Cake* I told hubby I should have used it for his birthday cake. Then I remember some frosting recipe I saw on the cooking show 'Chopped' but of course couldn't remember the name. So I said it was 'Something made with something and something and something called something, you know.' He gave me a sideways look, the 'are you nuts' look. Of course that made me think about what it really was called, so I had to get out the 'Joy of Cooking' recipe book. Well, it's 'Swiss Meringue'. A really weird frosting. Something made with something. Yep, it has a name.

I'm waiting now for the sun to go down, almost there. Once the sun goes down the temperature will drop dramatically. Then we open the doors and windows and the cool air pours in. that is our A/C for the hot daytime tomorrow.






© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991063-Something-and-something-called-something-you-know