*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991176-Morning-and-Politicians
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#991176 added August 19, 2020 at 2:51pm
Restrictions: None
Morning and Politicians
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: What is your favorite part of the morning?

----

The fact that I woke up. There is so much to be said about waking up. Especially when we wake up to our truths. I like the phrase “wake up.” *Wink*

Even when talking about the actual waking up in the morning idea, the alternative wouldn’t be so happy on the people who’d find me motionless, would it?

I also wake up, in the morning, to recognize that I am in one piece and whatever I did or wherever I went was just a dream, which has floated off to nothingness. This is the best recovery one can have.

When I wake up, I don’t just jump out of bed. I think inside my head the things I need to do during the day and form a rough mental list.

Maybe one day, I won’t wake up at all. Neither will I need to make mental lists. Or maybe I’ll wake up to a better place than this crazy earth. That, too, will be exciting and acceptable to me.



*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Tim Chiu ’s "Righting the Ship: A Tide Beckons.
"Allow the sounds to vacate,
Avail their raucous strength,
With each and every vile strait
Those preachers raise at length."
Do you think politicians are preachers or do they promise us things they have no intention of delivering?


---

Politics are everywhere. Religion, not so much or rather not effectively enough. While preachers are being accused of offering too much religious talk, politicians can very well be accused of spewing too much garbage. It means, there is such a thing as the gift of gab versus such a thing as the gift of garbage.

As teaching is done by repetition mostly, I don’t blame the preachers, but the politicians should just shut up telling us lies. Most of them stretch the truths, promise the impossible, and are politically incorrect while they are treating us like ignoramuses. If that’s not an insult on this nation’s honor, I don’t know what is.

© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991176-Morning-and-Politicians