*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991448-The-Sisters-Brothers-at-Book-Club
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#991448 added August 23, 2020 at 11:37pm
Restrictions: None
The Sisters Brothers at Book Club
We've just about recovered from our Memorial Bonnie Hike. It sure was fun, but boy, hiking 8 miles in a day can wear a person out. Good thing we walk every day. We talked about that tonight. I always have walked, since a child I've liked to be outside rather than inside. I remember walking a lot when my children were small. We only had one car, and my husband at the time, a different one from current hubby, used it when he did work. So if I wanted to go anywhere, I walked. Walked to the store, to the library, to downtown, anywhere we wanted to go during the day.

About the hike, so we went to the Absaroka Beartooth Wilderness area. This is above Gardiner, beyond Jardine. Jardine was a little tiny town in the mountains that had a gold mine, then arsenic mine. It now has a scattering of homes and an outfitter that does horseback riding. This trail takes you through unspoiled pine and fir trees, over streams, past wetlands. Gorgeous wonderful backcountry area. We saw no one all day. It was perfectly quiet, except for some bird sounds. The landscape was green, so we know there had so have been quite a bit of rain recently. So we walk along, gaining elevation all the way until we come to our destination, Knox Lake. I think we find this special because hubby's mother's name was Knox. This little lake had some fish jumping in it while we ate a snack beside it. Some people one time said there were fish in it, but small ones. So we never try to fish there. The best part of the hike was turning around at the lake and knowing that you are half way out and the rest of the way is basically down hill. Of course, you go up and down some, but you end up at a lower elevation. Eventually. 3 hours later.

Today was a cooler day here in Roundup. But still a little toasty. Our worker bee came and worked on the remodeling room. It is really coming together. The other day we got the closet organizer and rug shipped to us. The floor in the room are hardwood, so we'll refinish it and use rugs. I hate carpet. We also got some curtain rods I special ordered. So things are coming together. I hope all is done before the weather gets cold.

It was book club meeting day in the park. I love it when we have a meeting. There are just a few now, but we always have a good conversation about the books we read. This time we discussed what we read over the summer. I had a list of 13 books, others had 10 or fewer, one gentleman had two. But I may have padded my list a little. I couldn't remember when I started keeping the list, so I did tell them I just kept adding to a previous list I had started. One I read that I really liked, hilarious, was 'The Sisters Brothers'. Oh my, crazy. There is evidently a movie by that name. Now I have to find it and watch it. I won't tell you anything other than it is about murder and mayhem. But in a fun way.

During the book club meeting I kept watching this young boy climb on the playground equipment. He was quite the climber, up on top of the swings, the jungle gym, back and forth, the whole time we were there, by himself. He's maybe 8 or 9. So on the way out I asked him where he lived. I thought it was close. 'I live out of town.' Hmmm. 'Where's your mom?' 'At the high school.' Hmmmm. 'Well, if she's not here before it gets dark, you go to the police station. OK?' Gosh, I hate to think someone just dropped off their child alone like that. The high school is at least 1/2 mile away from that park. Darn......

Tomorrow hubby has to go have a crown done on a tooth. Fun and games in Billings again. That means we have to take our masks with us. But here in Roundup we don't have to wear a mask if you don't want to. Our county is pretty low as far as numbers with this crazy virus. Only 6 cases, and only 1 active. Today at book club we talked about this. We think it came through here last winter. Many were sick, a teacher that is in the club said virtually the entire student body was out sick as were several teachers. His sister is local and she tested positive for antibodies. We have a friend that claims he had the virus earlier this year, he was very sick with a respiratory illness. So maybe we all were exposed and that is why? Who knows.

My sister lives in Ohio and she thinks she got it earlier this year. Her symptoms sound like it, respiratory illness and lack of taste. Crazy.

So everyone stay as safe as you can. That's all we can do until this passes. And it will.










Queen Norma Jean *Crown*
 ~

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991448-The-Sisters-Brothers-at-Book-Club