*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991891-Bike-Cop-for-the-KPD
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1300042
All that remains: here in my afterlife as a 'mainstream' blogger, with what little I know.
#991891 added August 30, 2020 at 1:54pm
Restrictions: None
Bike Cop for the KPD
We can vilify and dehumanize a person before acknowledging they're human and prone to err. When in a position of public service, we expect the best from them. The public might be quick to judge in some instances how they conduct themselves. It does not make excuse for their resulting behavior; but if they are genuinely good people, its unfortunate their lives are sacrificed for a larger cause (or greater good) that tramples them in its wake.

And you have to wonder again about justice; if we are too quick to convict, at least without knowing all the information and the true hearts of caring individuals. Again, not a defense but a call for objectivity, which even the media struggles with nowadays. Journalism is akin to gossip rather than serving the public hungry for information. Maybe, trying to get a jump on all the media sources out there. Get ahead of a public that is ready to type and hit send on those social media buttons before fully comprehending in this cancel culture, dehumanizing process that self-convicts a race of people...

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/snapshot-bike-cop-serves-community-throug...

"What I like most is that you’re dealing with people on perhaps the worst day of their lives and you can try and help them as much as you can and make that day a little bit better. And that, for the most part, people trust us to do that for them. And it’s a huge responsibility, and I really like trying to help the people. We may not be able to make a situation right, or better, but we can maybe make it a little easier for them to handle during that time.

We’re in a public service job, a customer service job, and the public is our customer. I think that, especially with the officers that we have here, everybody strives to make sure that the public feels served and happy with the services they receive. A lot of officers go way out of their way to make sure that that’s done. … I think the KPD really embraces that."

Rusten Sheskey. Kenosha bike cop, 2019

It seems the folks in Kenosha are disillusioned by what is happening in their town, as if they cannot stem the tide of this anger that has swept through their community...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kenoshians-face-wake-up-call-after-tumultuous-...

I may post more later. Still perusing Sunday articles and other items that pique my interest.

© Copyright 2020 He’s Brian K Compton (UN: ripglaedr3 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
He’s Brian K Compton has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/991891-Bike-Cop-for-the-KPD