*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
11
12
19
20
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992801-September-7-and-8
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#992801 added September 8, 2020 at 5:44pm
Restrictions: None
September 7 and 8
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: If any person wants to change the world or anything about it, where should they start and what can they do? Or do you believe we should leave the well-enough alone?

---
As much we want a better world, no matter what we do, it feels as if the world is unchangeable, isn’t it? Yet, just look at the history. It is full of people who changed it, some for the worse, most for the better.

So, how do we do it? I’d say start from where we are, even right here in cyberspace. We can start with kindness and acceptance of those with different ideas and beliefs from ourselves. I see so many times, in different social sites, when someone voices a different political or religious belief, the nastiest replies. We are all entitled to our opinions but not nastiness.

Then, we can pick an issue dear to our hearts and volunteer and help in any way we can. We can also begin by showing kindnesses to strangers, to those who have no families or friends left.

Other things we can do could be take things more positively, so we can become role models to those who are feeling low. We can also plant a garden, plant a tree, plant something to help the environment. Plus, we can show kindness to animals. If we can’t adopt them for any reason, then we can help the organizations that help them.

These are only a few suggestions. I am sure there are many others we can easily think of. Why not try? We do need a much, much better world, don’t we?

*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


Prompt: Eleanor Roosevelt said, “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
As best stories sometimes come out of their authors’ fears, what do you say for writing about one thing that scares you every day? For example, what scares you today?


---

Fear has energy that can be harnessed and used, like a work horse. How do you think Lovecraft, Ann Rice, Bram Stoker, Dean Koontz, and Stephen King came up with their works that scare and excite multitudes? They first notice their own fears. Yes, exactly that.

What scares me today is the possibility of a hurricane that might arrive sooner or later in this season, since I live in the area number one that a hurricane is most likely to hit according to the National Hurricane Center. Although I have lived through a couple of hurricanes, it never occurred to me to write about it. As if I wrote something like it, I might draw its negative energy on me. But then, every year this time, we go through the same scare.

If I were to write about this or some other fear, I would probably name my fear first and describe it as thoroughly as I could. Plus, I would look at its subtle signs, to start the writing with, which would probably be a fiction piece. Later into the story, in the middle of it, I would focus on the event or the process instead of the results, making things harder or easier on the characters remembering that the worse case scenarios get more attention than something wishy washy. Then, the result or the results of the event or character that induced the fear could be the ending of the story.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From HollyMerry ’s "Treasure Chest
If you found a treasure chest, what would you do with it?

---

I think I would call the police or take it to the police station. No treasure chest should be in my hands and neither should I be using what’s inside it. This has nothing to do with morality, either. It is self-preservation. I don’t want to get caught with stolen goods, any more than I would want to throw myself inside the flames of a fire.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


Prompt: From PureSciFi ’s "WDC My Home Away From WDC
“WDC is a home away from home.” Where is your home away from home?


I guess I have to agree with the writer. My home away from home is WdC, and it has been so for 19 years, as I spend quite a bit of time on the site, although mostly, it has not been home away from home but rather, “home inside my home.”

Just look at my portfolio page where I’ve written, “Writing.com is the best writing site and my home in cyberspace. In this home, Reading and Writing are my twins.”

Enough said. *Smile*

© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/992801-September-7-and-8