*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993188-Little-Things-Annoy
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#993188 added September 12, 2020 at 4:01pm
Restrictions: None
Little Things Annoy
Write about something you need to get off your chest. What’s pressing on your mind?

signature dancing owl *UmbrellaB*


Fall Maintenance, Annoying but Neccessary


Should get this done because it is suppose to rain later. We get internet with satellite. In the last two years a heavy rain storm literally wipes out the internet. When we first started up with the satellite weather never mattered Twice last winter in bad snow storms we had to broom the snow off the dish. I'm wondering if the angle has changed in some way.

Also this time of year, we get some thunder and lightning storms. I usually get off my computer and shut down because there is sometimes an electricity outage. Since last Christmas, I'm keeping solar chargers that will run my phone or kindle in an outage.

We changed phones in the spring to upgrade so the G-5 starting up would not interfere with phone service. The last two weeks I've been getting irrelevant phone calls. Google keeps bugging me about setting up chat. People leave voice mail for someone who is not me. In the last two weeks some times my phone drops the network, when I'm in the house. This is something it never did before. Shutting it down and then restarting seems to solve the problem. I'm concerned that technology may get to be more difficult to keep up with, as I age??

We had the septic pumped and cleaned the house drains.

I'm going to make some changes to the dog pen for winter. It's one of the jobs I want to be sure of before snow flies so I think I will tackle it next.

Anyone want golden rod? I have a couple fields of it ripe. Golden headed and still green it is ready to harvest.

Thanks to our last winters struggle with a red squirrel I have some inside re-insulating to do before winter. The squirrel shredded all the insulation above the back door. At least, that is one job, I or we (depends on who is going to do the work.) can tackle inside the house.

The last time we had to do this kind of work around the outside of the house was about 30 years ago, so it isn't seasonal. The weather has been kind. Not to much rain and cool breezes. Better to work in than high temps and high humidity.

Nevertheless, I tire more easily this year than 30 years ago. And, I take more days off, than I did 30 years ago. *Laugh*

Another 20 years or so and I won't want to do it at all. I received my WDC t-shirt that I ordered in the mail. It's 100 percent cotton and very nice.

Merit Badge in Keep It Up
[Click For More Info]

Hope you have a wonderful party week! *^*Bigsmile*^*



© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993188-Little-Things-Annoy