*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993722-Inclusive
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#993722 added September 19, 2020 at 11:36am
Restrictions: None
Inclusive
Fight for the things that you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you.” -Ruth Bader Ginsburg


signature dancing owl


This is one of those quotes that can lead into different responses to the meaning.

Have I told this before?

One time when I was working at the doughnut shop; a very nice lady use to come in several times a day to get her coffee. A lot of places around had initiated the no smoking rule. It had just gone into effect in the shop, where I was working. Every time she came in she would complain about not being able to smoke anymore inside the shop. Eventually, after listening to her complaints for several days I suggested she gather a bunch of smokers together and bring the problem to the attention of the congress that started the war against smokers. She was so startled when I pointed out that is the way a lot of things are done in the USA. Lobbying for rights or endowments is part of the present voting system. It was one of the things President Trump vowed to get rid of if he was elected.

What if the things that you care about are not good for the public? Personally, I'm glad about the countries concern about how cigarette smoke affects the public. My first husband stopped smoking because I couldn't take inhaling the smoke.

What ways can you use to get people to join your cause?

The USA is a very complicated country. It's obvious that people who are rioting and looting or using violence don't really have the best interests of the public in mind. Yet they joined together against something. They aren't solving any real problems just burning off frustrations. A little like the old saying, trying to fight your way out of a paper bag. Once the bag is torn open it can't be mended and doesn't hold anything.

Some years ago, company strikes stopped being effective. Often the companies shut down or moved to avoid the union demands.

Nepotism is another unfair practice. When brotherhoods and sisterhoods gain so much power they take over all the jobs in a part of the country or churches and preach their own doctrines. It further splits and divides communities and causes a certain part of the community to become more dependent on social services, than be able to control their own environments. These are some of the frustrations of people joining together to gain some social idea.

If two opposing forces grow strong enough to attack each other you have a war. That seems to be what is happening in the governing body for many years now. The republic or the democracy which is it?

We all struggle with idealism in some form. I hope it is just mental growing pains. One day at a time works for me.

Merit Badge in Point of View
[Click For More Info]

Happy Birthday! Belatedly. I like your point of view *^*Bigsmile*^* ~Adrienne






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/993722-Inclusive