*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994291-Seraphin
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Activity · #2232763
Stories and Poetry of the Past
#994291 added September 26, 2020 at 6:11pm
Restrictions: None
Seraphin
Seraphin

She called to me, as if straight out of a dream. She beckoned to me from the sea. Her endless calling to me in the night was a siren for my soul. I could not sleep. My thoughts were consumed by a rendezvous with a woman I had never met. Seraphin, so lyrical her name, she whispered to me in song. Her name danced on my lips with each mundane task I completed throughout my day. There was no doubt fate would lead me to her. To my glorious sea witch, I had already pledged my heart. In my travels to meet her, I would carry my soul. It was all that she desired.

In the early morning hours, I woke knowing it was time. Even the sea, itself was calling.
I packed my gear, unsure of the length of my journey. I questioned each item placed in my bag. It seemed unlikely underwear would be considered a necessity in the depths of the ocean. I knew this trip made no sense but no other choice was left to me. The power of the sea witch had rendered me weak.

I bid my wife farewell. I kissed her with a passion long since gone. The kiss was meant to last a lifetime. Lies fell from my lips as I talked about the purpose of my journey. The truth seemed hurtful. Claudia had been a good and sturdy mate. She provided me, three fine sons, to carry on my name. Yes, I felt love for the woman but it could not compare to the ecstasy of new love. I think Claudia felt my deceit but knew the battle was unwinnable.

I walked to the docks and boarded my sea craft. It was an old fishing tub that had kept my family fed through the years. I readied the vessel to withstand the torrents of the sea. I danced on the deck feeling the excitement of a new life awaiting me. Looking to the harbor, I could feel the sea witch pulling me home. I felt no need to look behind me for that was yesterday. Tomorrow was in front of me.


The water's waves were wicked and strong. It took all my strength to steady the boat.
I withstood storms of incredible magnitude. My journey stretched for days with the sun's heat blistering my skin. At night, I logged a journal of my trip for my family. I hoped to somehow explain my actions. Delivering the news in this manner labeled me a coward. My words were easier written than spoken. Unsure of my exact destination, I left the waves to steer the ship. Destiny would guide me to the sea witch. Seraphin awaited me.

After two weeks on the sea, I spotted a large colorful rock sticking up over the water. I hoped my destiny with Seraphina was near. I pulled my little ship to the side of the boulder eager to meet my sea witch. Sitting on top of the rock perched a large serpent of green and gold. Its forked tongue flicked at me as I approached. The eyes bright yellow stared flaming daggers in my direction. The asp seemed familiar but I could not pinpoint the memory.

The reptile spoke to me in a dark and deep voice, "It is I, Claudia the sea witch you willingly threw away. I brought you here to test your love If you would have believed in me you would have known me to be your true Seraphina."

The asp reared back biting me in the neck and injected her poison. I pushed the boat away from the rock causing me to float farther into the ocean. I penned my story as I waited for the poison to deliver my death. My Claudia had dealt the fatal blow.

If you are reading my journal, please know that true love is often right in front of you.

Word Count 654
© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994291-Seraphin