*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994308-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-40
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2232901
Psalm 90:10, "The length of our days is seventy years—or eighty if we are strong....
#994308 added September 26, 2020 at 9:18pm
Restrictions: None
Three Score and Ten + Day 40
I got back from the Northwoods yesterday afternoon. I had planned to write so I checked in but was too tired and agitated to write. Today I still feel agitated. I have no good reason to be agitated. but I do need down time alone to put my mind in order, To sort things out. Today is Sabbath and I feel short changed. We cannot attend church without a nose and mouth face cover, Governor and County orders. I cannot tolerate having my nose covered that long. So I say home and listen to the last service on "You Tube". I do not always agree with all that spoken at church , but I am missing the attendance. Having communion with Christ is always a High event for me, I miss it.

Luna is on my lap and is insisting on attention. He will have to leave as we are getting ready to eat dinner. No cats allowed at dinner time, Only a begging dog. We eat one major meal a day. We shoot for 3-4 o'clock. With all of our eating ideally between 10-4. It does not always work out that way but that is where we aim to be. Sometimes I need a little something in the evening. We seem to feel better doing a intermittent Fast. It works for us.

We made some real progress at the North Woods compound this last visit. We got the front deck repainted, Wood Cut, Wood split and stacked. I got the garden plowed this year before it got to wet, which is normal. And It rained a day while we were there. My brother stopped on his way going fishing while I was plowing. I was hoping to go fishing when I finished, But it was pouring rain by then. My brother must have gotten soaked, I'll find out when we go back up.

Earlier today I wrote within comments what I especially like about fall. In this writing I want to discuss what I do not like about fall. In the fall before it gets too wet I have to turn the compost pile for the next year. It reminds me of a job as a youngster we had to do once or twice a year. We always had a place behind the chicken and hog house where garbage was thrown out, all kinds of garbage from a family of ten. Once or twice a year it had to be picked up, Or dug up and loaded on a trailer. It was then hauled across the field to our private little land fill. Turning the vegetative compost pile reminds me of that job. Now don't misunderstand me, turning the compote pile is a very important job. It mixes and aerates the compost letting it become gold for the garden soil. We have a passive compote pile. Just put green and dried vegetation on a pile, add too it through the year, turn it once in the fall, In the second season you have life giving compost. The process of composting is God's original system of recycling and sustainability. The vegetative compost system is vital for life on earth. Just think what the results could be if nothing rotted or decayed. But I still put off turning the pile, But I do it.

© Copyright 2020 Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" (UN: fathertymme at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fathertymme, "Cold Durry Days" has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994308-Three-Score-and-Ten--Day-40