*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994727-Countdown-to-OctoPrep
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#994727 added September 30, 2020 at 11:02pm
Restrictions: None
Countdown to OctoPrep!
Today was cloudy and cool. I've started to pack up the porch in Roundup. I think our porch sitting days are numbered. The nice blue tiled table is inside. All that is outside is glass topped table with two chairs and the porch swing. Those will stay out all year. I will bring in the swing cushion and pillows for the winter weather.

Wednesday is a busy day for me. Meals on Wheels and then church meeting and then volunteer time at the thrift store. It is fun, however, so I don't mind it. You never know what you'll find at the store. Today I came home with a new vest for winter. I love down or fleece vests. I didn't have a green one of this particular color. I also brought home an old army blanket, 100% wool, that will go on the bed. And a rug, with a spot, that will go beside the bed. This rug will go back to the store when we get a nicer one back from Billings where it's been waiting to be cleaned. So I'm just borrowing it for a time.

I got the first donations for the non-profit group I head. I was a bit worried. The fliers went out amidst a flurry of political ads. But they are printed on a bright orange stock, so people know they are different, as well as the fact they come out each year at this time. Plus I've been putting little write-ups in the paper about this group. So I pray everyone this year is generous. We'll see. The fund-raising goes til December 31st, so plenty of time for people to give.

Hubby used to do computer programming so he is going to do a spreadsheet for me to keep track of donations. I could figure out something, but he was voluntold to help, and since he has no job, why not help? So he got right on it tonight and in a few days perhaps I'll have a program I can use to manage the donations that come in.

Tomorrow starts the big push to OctoPrep. I have signed on as a judge for the contests. Should be interesting. I've never done that before. And also as a 'cheerleader.' Also something new for me. I've decided not to do NaNoWriMo this year. I did it last year, but boy, did that ever wear me out. SO maybe every other year would be good for me. I have an idea that I could work on over the winter for next year.

Everyone buckle in and hang on, it's going to be a busy month!!! Good luck to everyone with your writing!

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994727-Countdown-to-OctoPrep