*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
15
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994757-Deadlines-Do-Me-Good
by Ned
Rated: 13+ · Book · Entertainment · #2199980
Thoughts destined to be washed away by the tides of life.
#994757 added October 1, 2020 at 7:18am
Restrictions: None
Deadlines Do Me Good
Yesterday was the last day of September and suddenly, I found myself facing a set of deadlines that I hadn't intended to try to make. I was under no obligation to write two stories. But, I decided to give it a go and I am glad I did. It's not all glory, however. I am already wincing at needed edits I wish I had time to make on one of stories. I am too fearful to re-read the other story I wrote. It's probably worse than I remember. Actually, I wrote it so fast yesterday that I don't really remember it very well, at all.

The point of the exercise was to try to write two stories in genres I don't usually write it at all. I was not sure I wanted to write in these genres. I had no ideas and both had to be written before midnight. As it turned out, I did it all in one crazy busy day that included receiving several long phone calls, a visit from a relative and the usual various interruptions of family and cat.

Of course, I was a bit diverted from my original weekly goals, but in the long run I will have accomplished more.

And I wrote a blog post.



© Copyright 2020 Ned (UN: nordicnoir at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ned has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994757-Deadlines-Do-Me-Good