*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994818-What-If-the-Twins-Are-Opposites
Rated: 13+ · Book · Spiritual · #2233743
This is Book 2 in the series, The Making of a Preacher. Life in a preacher's home is real.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#994818 added October 1, 2020 at 11:30pm
Restrictions: None
What If the Twins Are Opposites?
Matthew Marks & Artista Carpenter Marks get married, and take flight, literally, to a new mission field. The mission field is on the Planet ZoNed4, which is three years away from Earth by an interstellar airplane/rocket ship.

On the way to ZoNed4, they have a lot of time on their hands, and they become pregnant with twins. Initially, the twins appear to be beautiful reflections of each other, but the first few months, it becomes painfully obvious, that these female twins are alike only on the outside. The personalities of Pansie and Aurora Marks have "dark sides" to them.

1. What if the twins are like a parable, that Jesus told about a farmer with two sons?

"28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.

29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.

30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.

31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.
"
(Matthew 21:28-32, KJV)

2. What if Pansy, the "good sister" does everything right as a child, but shows her true colors in her late teens and early twenties becoming and atheist, breaking her father's heart?

3. What if Aurora, the "bad sister" does everything wrong as a child, like reading dark novels, slipping away to dark movies, and learning everything she can about the life of hard-rock bands, wanted to join one when she grows up? What if a visiting evangelist shakes her world, and she gets saved at age, 15, changing the entire trajectory of the desires of her life?

4. What if Pansy, who was married in a same-sex relationship at age, 21, has a terrible accident in an Off-Road Vehicle five years later, and was lingering between life and death until her dad can get there to spend the last few hours with her, finding out if she is settled in her position or rejecting Christ or if she will trust Him, finally as Lord and Savior?

5. What if Matthew Marks has to walk the last two decades of his life alone because Artista has already passed away into the strong Arms of Jesus?

6. What if Matthew Marks learns, that the road to great faith is littered boulders of doubt along the path of life?

7. What if Matthew Marks finds out ultimately that God is Somebody He never expected God to be? What is he finds out that God prefers Grace over Justice, even though His Truth is still Absolute? What if he finds out that God can save someone forever when that person turns a hopeful eye in the direction of the empty cross & the empty Garden Tomb?

------------------------------------------------

Matthew Marks is a 5' 10" 50-year-old of 175 pounds with a fairly athletic build. He has spent the first half of his years on Earth in ministry. In his middle years he takes an interstellar flight to an entirely new mission field. There he finishes his days, until an old preacher in his 90s faces his final breath when he will take the plunge into the Pool of Death, coming out on the other side renewed and forever with His Lord Jesus Christ.

Artista Marks is Matt's wife of 25 years. She is 45-years-old, has been sporting dreadlocks for about four years, now. These brunette dreads compliment her job as a hair designer. She is highly in demand. About 5' 4" in height Artista is slender and athletic in build of 115 pounds, due to the fact that she walks or runs about 4-5 miles every day and uses stretching programs, extensively.

One of the twins, Pansy Marks, unlike her sister, is quite supportive of their dad, Matthew Marks. She may not want to preach like her dad, but she has been saved, since she was six-years-old, and wants to help the orphan children of ZoNed 4, who have so little and virtually no one to care for them. Pansie is 12-years-old with long brunette hair and dark blue eyes like her father. At 5'2" Pansie is a slightly heavy 130 pounds of laughter and joy. Pansie is a sixth-grade student.

The Mark's other twin, Aurora, says all the right things but doesn't seem to have the heart for Jesus that her sister does. Obviously, Aurora is a sixth-grade student like her sister. Since they are identical twins, she sports brunette hair, too, though hers is bobbed to make her "look different." Aurora, also, has dark blue eyes, like "dear ol' Dad." Aurora cares about her music and hopes to be in a rock band when she's older. Aurora is a great singer and even plays the guitar with ease like her uncle.

Here is yet another signature, that has been provided for me by my good friends, WS & GG.
Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.
© Copyright 2020 Jay O'Toole (UN: 777stan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jay O'Toole has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/994818-What-If-the-Twins-Are-Opposites