*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995119-3-prompt-catch-up
Rated: E · Book · Experience · #2050107
A Journal to impart knowledge and facts
#995119 added October 5, 2020 at 4:21pm
Restrictions: None
3 prompt catch up
Week 1 -- 3 posts

signature dancing owl


Took time to do theses answers to prompts over the weekend.


B. Three things that made me smile yesterday. Two of our cats were having a friendly wrestling match

. I was reading a book “Play Dead,” by Leslie O'Kane. There were several places that made me laugh.It’s a murder mystery. The Protagonist is a dog psychologist, who is trying to start up a business helping people with dog problems. Parts of it are light hearted entertainment.

Read on.

C. Write about the best book you’ve read this year.

I’ve read a lot of excellent books this year. Two that I’ve read recently that I really enjoyed are

1. The Red Tent

2.Innocence by Dean Koontz

The Red Tent by Anita Diamant was an audio book and it took longer to read. Audio always takes longer because I listen slower than I read. It was a fabricated historical story about Jacob and his wives. Mostly, it was about women’s lives at the time in history when Jacob was taking wives. Even though the story is historical fiction it sheds a lot of light on the reasons our society is run by males.

Innocence was about the downfall of a civilization, and the cruelty people do to people, in a time similar to the one we live in now.

Now I’m reading Connecting With Life by Martin Summer. It’s a breathing environmental subject. How to connect with the earth and environment while living in a suburban environment. So far, it is just about the earth and why people need to be connected to wild things, trees, plants, lawns, bears, deer, bunnies, dogs, cats, birds, etc...

Read on.

C. Is there a story behind your middle name? If not make one up?

I was told that my 5 year old brother had a girl friend named Judith and he wanted me to be named after her. As for my middle name, Diane, no one ever said anything to me about it so I would have to make up a story.

Instead of a story how about a history lesson? My go to place for information is often Google. This time google related the name Diana and Diane.There are possibly more different spellings that are related to the historical aspects of the name.

Diana in Roman history is the mythological Goddess of hunt, forests, and childbirth. The Greeks also thought of the Goddess Diana as the Goddess of Hunt. Interesting facts may reveal that female animals of some species are better hunters than the males.

In the Anglo-Saxon version of Diane it refers to a valley. To a specific valley that the tribes of Great Britain settled at that time.

The Biblical name portrays luminous perfection and references to a woman, who knows future occurrences before they happen.

If you go any deeper into the use of the name you have to dig through Gothic demonization of different situations. As the church, any of them, moves through history it changes its’ attitude toward situations. That type of thought change is often aided by scientific examination of facts. So, what is demonized in one instance by religious misunderstanding may simply become another form of moving on in a new age.

I wonder if any child should be saddled with a name that someone, who is without knowledge, may lay a centuries old meaning on. Therefore, treat that child in a contemptuous manner.

To relate this to my recent reading of the book The Red Tent, which culminates in the story about Jacob’s daughter by Leah who was raped. Her name in the story is spelled Deana. The story relates her characteristics to the ancient definitions of the name. Deana became a midwife in the story. If you decide to read the book you should read the Biblical account first. In comparison one version of the story, does not visual the other version well. However, I think you will understand the reasons the author wrote The Red Tent as a historical comparison.

I did find the phonic, Gothic, Latin, and other forms of syllable meaning but, chose not to extend this into that depth of explanation. It is enough to say in today’s world it is just a name.

Have a Nice Day.






© Copyright 2020 Apondia (UN: judithd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Apondia has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995119-3-prompt-catch-up