*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995484-Goals-and-Decisions
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#995484 added October 9, 2020 at 4:21pm
Restrictions: None
Goals and Decisions
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: There are 83 days left in this year. Have you accomplished the goals you set back on the 1st day of this year? Have you set new goals with the intent to accomplish them in the last stretch?

=====

I am not one for setting goals. They have never worked for me, and even when they did, their results were less than satisfactory. I think the reasons for this can be explained. First, goal setting creates an unneeded pressure while giving me a sense of failure. Then, while adding undue importance to a project and concentrating on its progress, I end up focusing on the result, and that cannot be a winning solution.

I set, however, very short-term goals such as those on a daily basis or goals I need to take care of within days. Short-term stuff isn’t too difficult to handle. For all my incompetence with personal goal-setting, however, it is a fact that whenever I worked in a team, I was the one who stuck to the goal 100%. Maybe I am one of those people who do better work with a team.

On the other hand, I can understand how goal setting can help a person. First, it gives them a target or a plan which may become a vehicle on the route to success. It encourages commitment and also clarity on the course they may want to take as vague goals do not motivate people.

It is said that the most efficient people do set challenging goals and commit to them, and unlike me, they thrive on the social influences and the expectancies of other people.


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*



For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From TheBusmanPoet ’s "Decisions
Write about decisions.


=====

Anyone can make decisions, snap-decisions or slow decisions that take their sweet time, but are they effective with good results? This is where the human judgment comes in.

I think it may be better to take one’s time and make decisions based on the projected effectiveness of the results while examining the underlying realities of the problem and the work that needs to be taken care of. A decision may seem clever at the beginning, but it may not be sound. It is better, therefore, not to make very many decisions without thinking, unless one cannot help it with an urgent situation at hand.

The trickiest decisions have to do with deciding between right and wrong. Even when the intention is good, it doesn’t mean the rightness or the wrongness of the matter is clear.

I would say, classify and define the problem, then specify its answer, while testing the validity of the decision. Even then, unknown factors may be in the play. In short, decision-making is a risky project.



© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/995484-Goals-and-Decisions