*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996631-2020
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#996631 added October 24, 2020 at 11:05am
Restrictions: None
2020
I think what I dislike the most about 2020 is the uncertainty of everything. I was just informed that another patient I cared for is positive for COVID. He had no symptoms and was only tested before going back to the nursing home. Every nurse on the floor was in contact with this person because of his confusion and our desire to keep him safe. We were up close and personal with this man because he was a sweetheart and very scared. We wore the basic masks and gloves as required but he was very hard of hearing so the mask had to come down at times to help him understand. The hospital did not inform us. Now after my last day there, I came home to my family taking the ordinary precautions of bathing and changing my clothes immediately. It wasn't until the next night that I was told. I was scheduled for four days off and had plans to see my extended family.We were celebrating the birth of a new baby. It was for the grandchild of my sister who is immunity compromised due to chemotherapy. So I cancelled my attendance, not wanting to risk contact with anyone. I wasn't crazy about my sister having a gathering with her health as it is but the baby is 6 months old and they missed baby shower and normal newborn greeting parties.I think she just wants life to be about living again.
So here I sit, wasting my precious time off and afraid to go anywhere. It is too early since exposure to be tested and I have no symptoms. It is a lonely existence. And it has been repeated over and over again.I don't know the answer, Do I go about my life until I get sick or do I quarantine with each new possible exposure. I must tell you that it is a weekly occurrence. The hospital's stance is that I can work until I become sick and I understand that because there is a definite nurse shortage. And I would much rather work than be sick or stuck at home. It all just boggles the mind.
Here is the other news that makes me sad. Macy's has cancelled Santa visits for the first time in 159 years. No in person visits to Santa's lap for 2020. No dreams,no wishes, or hopes for children in 2021.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/996631-2020