*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999326-Late-Night-Good-Night
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#999326 added November 29, 2020 at 2:20am
Restrictions: None
Late Night, Good Night
Tonight it's well after midnight, an hour and five minutes after by the little clock at the bottom of the screen, another hour after that by WDC time. Why so late tonight? Well, most often it's because of problems or difficulties with our youngest daughter who really fights going to bed a lot of nights.

Today, she had slept in almost till noon, my fault for not waking her, but she has been looking pretty tired and she and her sister were both up kind of late last night. But, after she was up, she was in good spirits and looked more rested than she has in a while. She had a pretty bad cold and it's been taking her a while to get completely over it.

Normally we put up Christmas decorations right after Thanksgiving, sometimes even that same evening. This year, we had to do some major rearranging to make room for the tree, so we didn't start decorating until today. Both girls helped out and had a good time while I watched some and fixed us a nice dinner. After dinner, my wife wanted to watch A Christmas Carol, but the girls weren't too interested in seeing it again. They instead watched a few of their shows in the bedroom.

They wanted to watch one more episode but my wife wanted to go to bed so I let them watch out here in the living room. Of course, I like the time right after everyone's in bed to get in here to write and unwind a little before going to bed myself, so I put off writing this until after their show was done. But, after it was finished, the younger girl wasn't very tired yet. I anticipated this to become a problem, but to my surprise, when I offered her the chance to read for a while, she happily agreed.

While she was reading, I went over to the Question of The Day and shared a story from my past. Once done there, I came over here to my blog. I wanted to turn the lights down and get my youngest tucked in and hopefully asleep first, but when I checked on her, she was already sound asleep, her book beside her.

Now, everyone's asleep, it's quiet and nice, my  blog entry is done, and soon I'll be joining them in slumber. Sweet dreams...

© Copyright 2020 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999326-Late-Night-Good-Night