*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999435-A-Good-Start-to-the-Week-and-End-to-the-Month
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1921220
My thoughts released; a mind set free
#999435 added November 30, 2020 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
A Good Start to the Week and End to the Month
Getting in here even earlier tonight, ten-thirty five. That's the earliest in a long time.

Even so, not everyone is in bed, my youngest is still awake, but reading. It usually puts her to sleep in about a half an hour or so, and I'm hoping it will again tonight. She was up early, about six-thirty, so she should be tired. Everyone was up early, before the alarm, even our oldest daughter, and that doesn't happen very often. I think the idea of returning to school but through distance learning had them anxious and a big factor in the early morning wake up.

It actually went real well today, both girls got logged in with a few minutes to spare and then set about getting their school work done before noon. Well, except for the younger girl, she still has some math to work on, but it's not due until Thursday and she asked if she could put it off until tomorrow when she can work on it with her friend, online of course.

Both girls had a lot of questions with their work today, some in language, some in science, and even some in biology. I was able to bring out most of the answers to their questions, but there were a couple I had to do a bit of googling over to understand the terms. The oldest asked me how I knew the answers and the younger one a bit later stated that I must be pretty smart. It made me feel pretty good, even if it was a bit early for me to tax my brain so hard. Well, perhaps the earliness of the hour wasn't so much the problem as not enough coffee yet, it's kind of a toss up.

Later this afternoon, when my wife got home from work, she brought in the mail with her. Another nice surprise, my package from Writing.Com had arrived; I wasn't expecting it until mid week. I had purchased one of the stocking hats when I seen them in the Newsfeed.  I am not disappointed with it at all. It's soft, comfortable, and fits great. It's also nice and thick, very warm, and will be wonderful when the temperatures drop down. We may see single digits by morning, so I'll be able to try it out very soon.

As with every other order I've made here, there was an included bundle of goodies. A couple pens, a couple bookmarks, and a magnet. Oh, and another eraser. Do you think they know something? Actually, I do tend to go through erasers when I write, especially poetry. For some reason it's easier for me to capture the idea on paper, writing freehand, then go through it and work out the rhymes and counts. I like to use a mechanical pencil for this and often do a lot of erasing.

Now, it's time for me to get ready for bed myself. My youngest has her book put down and is falling asleep even as I finish this. Soon, I'll be doing the same.

© Copyright 2020 tj ~ endeavors to persevere! (UN: callmetj at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
tj ~ endeavors to persevere! has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999435-A-Good-Start-to-the-Week-and-End-to-the-Month