*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999462-An-Apple-A-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#999462 added December 1, 2020 at 10:30am
Restrictions: None
An Apple A Day
Ah - another fun thing to do. Daily blogging. But not for a contest, for the 30 Day Blogging Challenge. Okay, I can do this.

Dec 1. Today is Eat A Red Apple Day.
Your entry should be inspired by red apples. *Apple*

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Why? Is it the fiber, the pectin? I think it’s the laxative effect. You start to go and then cannot stop. But then you can’t go to the doctor because you are too busy going to the toilet. But once that is under control with Imodium or Pepto, you can't go because of the pandemic. Sorry, we're not seeing patients these days unless you are really sick.

Seriously, a good apple is hard to find these days. When I was growing up, we used to go to an orchard and pick apples. They were McIntosh. I still love those beautiful apples to this day. But they are hard to find. Everyone wants those Red Delicious. Ick, taste like cardboard. The producers have to produce apples that fit neatly into boxes to ship.

And what is with all the apples from Chile, Australia, any other country? Didn’t we have Johnny Appleseed that planted apple trees everywhere here in the good US of A?

I want good apples. Apples for apple pie, apple crisp, apple brown Betty, apple pandowdy, baked apples, dried apples. And a nice big shiny red apple for my favorite teacher. But wait, what’s that you say?

Darn, that virus. Okay fine, I’ll eat it myself.

© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999462-An-Apple-A-Day