*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999735-Burn-Baby-Burn
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #2198921
Norma's Wanderings around a small section of Montana
#999735 added December 6, 2020 at 1:18am
Restrictions: None
Burn Baby Burn!
Dec 5. Bonfire Night!
Tell us about an evening around a bonfire.

I don’t think I ever had an evening around a bonfire. *Fire* But if I could, I would want it to be a nice one. One with hot dogs on sticks, s’mores, cowboy coffee and lots of dry wood that would crackle and send sparks into the inky black night. You would sit and roast your front like the hot dogs then have to turn and roast your rear for a time. The fire would burn down into some nice coals and then you could take out the potatoes you put into the fire about an hour ago. They should be done by now.

I got to thinking of another kind of bonfire - book burning.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_burning

And what about the book ‘Fahrenheit 451’? The title is the temperature at which paper catches fire and burns. The main character, Guy Montag, is a fireman. He burns books.

"The Fireman”, the original idea for ‘Fahrenheit 451’, was written in the basement of UCLA's Powell Library on a typewriter *Type* that Ray Bradbury rented for a fee of ten cents per half hour. The first draft was 25,000 words long and was completed in nine days.

So no more excuses folks! If Bradbury can write a story as good as that on a rented typewriter in a library, and pay by the hour, and do it in nine days, get off your tush! You have a computer, you have a pen and paper at least. Write On!




Queen Norma Jean *Crown*

New Image for the 30DBC

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.



© Copyright 2020 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (UN: normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999735-Burn-Baby-Burn