*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999867-Light-the-Candle
Rated: 18+ · Book · Comedy · #2161749
Just shooting the poop with Lori
#999867 added December 13, 2020 at 4:29pm
Restrictions: None
Light the Candle
When death visits, everything else in the universe seems fragile. For days we tip-toe on the eggshells left behind. The passing of time slows and the heartache dwells. Mustering up strength to continue is strenuous. An upward lifting of the lips is a task of immense proportion, as is the drying of one's tears. All tomorrows come into question and the rainbows beyond reflect a dingy aura of color. Videos of memories shared play in a constant loop in the hollows of the brain. It matters not the distance traveled with the lost soul,only that the path of your existence collided long ago for reasons unknown. It is as if a part of the daily portrait of your life has been erased, with the familiarity dulled. The constants once counted upon are diminished. The only thing that remains are the whispered thank you's to the heavens for the portion of the journey shared.We shall lay to rest a good friend, a soldier of God's army, a husband, a father,and a man of character, with the candle that lights our path dimmed, but our hearts stronger for having met him on life's road. It is such, with all the souls that take flight from this earthly orb.

© Copyright 2020 L.A. Grawitch (UN: lgrawitch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L.A. Grawitch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999867-Light-the-Candle