*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999930-December-9
by Joy
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #2003843
Second blog -- answers to an ocean of prompts
#999930 added December 9, 2020 at 10:38am
Restrictions: None
December 9
For "Blog City ~ Every Blogger's Paradise

Prompt: What old person thing do you do?

-----


Hahaha! Ask the mirrors in my house. Then, let me count the ways.

Sometimes I hold on to my back when I bend down, but I am not sure this has to do with old age. About four years ago, I broke a lower vertebra. Although it healed well enough, it feels stiff when I bend.

When the weather gets a little colder, I tend to overdress. I am afraid of getting a cold although I get the flu shot every year.

If I start a task without finishing the one at hand, you can be sure I’ll forget about the first task, unless the two tasks are in the same room like the kitchen.

I try to see the time either on the bottom of the computer screen or on any one of the visible clocks around the house while I have a watch on my wrist.

Heaven forbid that the doorbell rings or I get a phone call, while I am in the middle of doing something. Once I am distracted, that something is left to rot or gets undone.

I also have a more difficult time finding just the right word, which was never a problem, say a few years ago. Luckily, we have Google. *Smile*


*FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV* *FlowerV*


For: "Space Blog

Prompt: From Tim Chiu ’s "Music to the Ears
Write about music.


-----

Music brings out or encourages emotions such as joy, calmness, sadness, serenity, or annoyance (for me) if the sounds turn into scratching discordant screams.

I have always loved classical music, folk music, and if executed well, jazz, country, and pop, too. A quirk of mine is, if the music has words to it, I focus more on the words than the music. Even when a song is being played instrumentally, my mind brings up the words.

Depending on my own state of spirit at any one time, music can bring back memories or happier and sadder feelings. The emotions or the states of feeling the music encourages may turn out to be more like moods than emotions.

Some claim that people who have played an instrument are more adept to have a musical feeling. I used to play the piano during my teen years, from the ages eight to 18, but I think I would have enjoyed the music more if I wasn’t forced to do that. Also, it could have helped if I was born with a musical ear. What there was about music that the talented and the gifted know naturally by ear, I had to be taught. Still, I keep hoping that this left something positive inside me, even if it may have been unknown to me.


© Copyright 2020 Joy (UN: joycag at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Joy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/999930-December-9