*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/1978470
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1190255
NOT OPENING IN DEC 2016 --- TEFF on WDC since 2004, 139 community recognitons, EVERYONE!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Oct 6, 2009 at 12:38pm
Edited: October 6, 2009 at 1:07pm
Entrants prior to Oct 6

Entrants prior to Oct 6, 2009 (today) shall also be eligible for the cash prize.

Because this current rule change RE: a small fee of $1.00 per person (not per entry) came after the 2009 submissions below.

Listen up, people. TEFF is expanding to offsite forums, blogs, and my work is featured for sale on WEBRING. For years trying to garnish a tad bit of cash here and there ala MY writing, stumping as a stringer in late 2008. While, keeping blogs going all the long mile until my former Blog: JUNEBUGS & ELEDERBERRY WINE filled up after years of articles, news items, journalism, fiction serials and opinion type editorials. Hard work, time consuming and wonderful time spent at my MY keyboard (2005-2009.) No one else's. Is this a tell all post? Sure it is.

I run into people trying to make a little cash for their writing === almost everywhere. We see our onsite WDC, published authors post their latest on their websites, in portfolios as they become listed in various places. Fine by me since whatever works for an individual author pertains to being choice to share and to promote daily. Authors tend to be like that. Most of us are seldom shy creatures. Instead we clock in as vociferous extroverts. WE write for audiences that are not specific to a narrowing of one site per se. Many and numerous qualified readers & writers understand this. Some buy these works, some enjoy these works, some review OP works. All authors who revise, re-re-re-edit, polish and script repeatedly --- all whom creatively compose realize that this is the name of the game via e-posting, e-writing, e-publication --- around since the Nineties, my friends.

Thus the silly little dollar is not the end of the world. This will pay out to the winner. That writer can then claim the prize, take the bow and use the cash win in his/ her resume with pride. And little old Miss Teffy (moi) can afford this contest as it debuted. And place it out there among the folds of online contests for writing.

We are informed READERs DIGEST carries WDC on a list of popular writing sites. Are we not? Anyone can do a quick google on "writing contests". Then watch WC hosted, carried, contests appear. This one comes up also. Who wouldn't figure all this drives traffic our way. To our ports, to our contests, to our stories, poems, blogs, articles, posts etc. Sure it does.
To WC!!!

TO-DAY!! Entering a PO Box on WEBRING. TO-DAY reposting this explanation on "Invalid Item TO-DAY! driving traffic to http://www.writing.com --- just like all other proud, potentially talented members of the wc community who keep their work open to Internet access.

The year is not over yet. Let this be the year that we fully contribute and allow a fantastic emphasis on W-R-I-T-I-N-G. Yes reviewing is a fine thing, a fun thing. But without stories, works, poems and all, even forums and contests produced by fine writers who take time, spend hours, hatch plots, switch vocab words, edit, polish and craft ... what in the world would anyone r/r/r ???

Also --- indicated in the past and noticeable by date --- EHACS's 2008 contest took ... from Thanksgiving to ST. Pat's to finish reviews, letters, posts, and inclusion in "Invalid Item Sure, I loved it, love this holiday slant which is quickly becoming a genre of its own special value and worth. Thus, produced my best complimentary rev summaries as a Christmas arm chair, desk based hostess for last year's EHACS Contest. Continuing to write from 1999 to 2009 affords a major upswing in my style, my work overall --- due to my very own efforts. Not because of anything else, not credited to anyone else. Staying here for ease, clarity and a faith in writers of all levels which has truly been previously stated on my forums and especially to my groups.

OKAY -- a huge mouthful. April Sunday remains braced to lightly absorb any miscontrued heat. I didn't write a nineteen page short story set in Hell's Kitchen in 2003 unaware how to endure superficial critique IF any comes my way. So if any harsh critique is rendered --- please don't worry. It's CHRISTMAS, for heaven's sakes.

Again, in a very fond way, looking forward just like other wintery years to speak directly to real folks. I hope contestants send me cards. In fact, I adore snail mail. Yet, took time in autumn to investigate a closer look at the I-net per small sampling. Maybe my mail box shall receive a few real notes with those fees. I am specifically, expressing no type of extortion, aware my credential as a sales person are often rather nil. Well, there was that stint at Boscov's one jampacked, holiday year, one summer, one fall. When, customers said I could sell boats in a desert. So sure, power of persuasion in characterization, plot from a dame hellbent on instigating realism in fiction & poetry genre.

The common sense cooking hint --- "If one can't stand the heat --- get out of the kitchen" --- is not my motto. Sorry.

Of note --- last year this contest had one donar. ONE! Mike Day. This contest, far surpassing flash fiction word lengths took months to READ & settle on main winners. These submission wins are listed here in this forum. Then the tedious bitem/ item numbers placed into an archive which to this day merely shows 57 views. Imagine!
Traditional short story length are --- especially the very form we find judges almost acting aghast at these days, in some cases. One can see this via those bing, msn.com searches. No surprise these take longer to read. PLUS ... I truly believe longer story content is ALWAYS better. Yet, all forms measure in as beneficial specific to this Holiday theme.

So here's a real prize --- pending for your gracious winning entry.

PS --- when all is said and done, if you don't know ... some authors sell pass keys. To each thy own.

Bye for now --- and much thanks for reading. FYO --- "Invalid Item open until Nov. 15.

ATTENTION --- ADC!!! Club NL under research mode as pertaining to WRITING!!!
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Entrants prior to Oct 6 · 10-06-09 12:38pm
by April Sunday

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, April Sunday.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/1978470