by Pita
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Comedy · #1906319
Thanks for SLAMMING, this contest has finished
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 11, 2012 at 12:02pm
Round 2!
by Pita
Katya the Poet Is the judge for this round. She would post but she is very sick right now. If she isn't up to judging either Sophy or myself will judge her round. Here is her prompt:

Let's get ready to .......... Rubliw!

Please read the instructions carefully - just because this is AWFUL poetry doesn't mean there are not rules! (Rules stolen from SophY & altered!)

To qualify for this round, please hit "REPLY" to this post, and submit a rubliw, according to the instructions and samples below.

You must post your entry by midnight WDC time tonight, when Pita will post the next prompt. That is, you have 12 instead of 24 hours to write these next two prompts. Because I am math- and linear-time challenged, I have no idea what day or night this will be, in the USA, Australia, or anywhere else. BUT I AM SURE YOU WILL ALL FIGURE THIS OUT.

Make sure the entire text of your poem appears in your post. If you want to have your rubliwness reviewed, create a static item and then include a bitem link within the post of your poem. (This is not a requirement.)

The winner will make me pee my pants while my eyes roll around in my head backwards. As opposed to rolling around in my head forwards.

Good luck! And feel free to ask questions or make comments over in
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1906686 by Not Available.
(not in this forum, thanks)!

Rubliw (“Wilbur” backwards, a silly verse form created by Richard Wilbur!)

Write a rubliw addressed to one of the judges, to a figure prominent in your particular holiday this holiday season (Santa, Black Pete, Will Ferrell, Clarence the Angel, etc.), to the ancient Mayans (who are responsible for ending the world later this month), or to someone of your own choosing to whom it might be perfect to complain or exude (bodily fluids) joyously about something awful coming this way!!

A rubliw is a short poem of direct address, or a letter poem with:

--9 lines
--monorhyme (1 rhyme throughout)
--iambic meter that expands and contracts: Line 1 is monometer (1 beat*, 2 syllables), Line 2 is dimeter (2 beats, 4 syllables), Line 3 is trimeter (3 beats, 6 syllables), Line 4 is tetrameter (4 beats, 8 syllables), Line 5 is pentameter (5 beats, 10 syllables); and then it reverses: Line 6 is tetrameter again (4 beats, 8 syllables), Line 7 is trimeter (3 beats, 6 syllables), Line 8 is dimeter (2 beats, 4 syllables), and Line 9 is monometer (1 beat, 2 syllables).

*A “beat” is the unit of rhythm in the meter, determined by the accented syllable

Discussion & definition in our own WDC Poetry Newsletter of 12/5/12, edited by Red Riding Hood Red Writing Hood <3 , #5398 in the Newsletter Archives

Definition and samples:

http://www.poetrymagnumopus.com/index.php?showtopic=1962

Katya’s Sample

Toot Sweet!

Dear Pit
a, on your feet
again, I see. You’re sweet
to want to slam with us, to meet
up in the awful, former way, to bleat
or blast a turdish versey treat
to greet your old mosquit
o-brained effete!
Tout suite.

MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Round 2! · 12-11-12 12:02pm
by Pita
Re: Round 2! · 12-11-12 12:56pm
by ♥Hooves♥
Re: Round 2! · 12-11-12 1:52pm
by Joy
Re: Round 2! · 12-11-12 2:11pm
by Rhyssa
Re: Round 2! · 12-11-12 2:37pm
by Pat ~ Rejoice always!
Re: Round 2! · 12-11-12 3:26pm
by A*Monaing*Faith
Re: Round 2! · 12-11-12 5:33pm
by deemac
Re: Round 2! · 12-11-12 5:46pm
by Cappucine
Re: Round 2! · 12-11-12 5:47pm
by A Non-Existent User
Re: Round 2! · 12-11-12 8:03pm
by LostGhost: Seeking & Learning
Re: Round 2! · 12-11-12 11:41pm
by Ren the Klutz!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Pita.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2470460