*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2663746
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(363)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Apr 20, 2014 at 12:04am
Edited: April 20, 2014 at 12:58am
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paying for WDC products and s...
Greets,

I was disappointed and somewhat annoyed with - the wording used in the shop, and the suggestion that you can pay by CC without having a PayPal account - it's misleading, because I would do that, but was unable to.

No -- in fact, it's not misleading as you do not have to create a PayPal account for them to process a CC for us. To be sure, I just completed a purchase for $10 in Gift Points using a CC only and without signing up for a PayPal account. I think it's very important for folks online to be straight shooters, thus I couldn't just ignore your comment and had to test it out for myself. We never want to mislead anyone.

So, if for no other reason then for "the record", here's the screen I got after entering my CC information: (For my security, I've obscured my non-WDC email address used for this test in the screenshot.) Click the photo for a larger, easier to read version.

The only thing I clicked on that screen was the "No, thanks" button and, presto, my Gift Point purchase was instantly completed; no account signup, no terms to agree to. One button to click and a checkbox if you want to pay more often with PayPal and not have that screen presented to you each time... a mildly slight inconvenience -- especially compared to the effort of sending a check in the mail, IMHO again. *Wink*

For your other experience with PayPal... I certainly hope you looked a little more into it. It seems really unlikely that they just decided to give money to someone else from your account. They're owned by the publicly traded company EBAY and frankly, I truly believe there's a little more to what you say happened. As their sole business is online transactions, it would seem "odd" if nothing else. Perhaps your account was hacked -- perhaps you replied to a phishing email and gave someone else your password. All things being equal, I don't think it could likely be as simple as them just deciding to send money to someone else on your behalf. As a BTW on that, note that PayPal has a dispute resolution service which is pretty decent and beyond that, you can always dispute a charge to your CC directly with your CC company if it's unauthorized.

Best,
~~SM

A Few Helpful Tips...
  *Bullet*If your problem is with an item, please include its Item ID!
  *Bullet*New member? Start here!   "Getting Started: Table of Contents
  *Bullet*Find answers in our FAQ...   http://www.writing.com/main/faq
  *Bullet*Need Non-Technical Support?   "Non-Technical Support Forum

The Storymaster Sig II.
MESSAGE THREAD
Paying for WDC products and services by credit card??? · 04-19-14 3:43pm
by Brother Nature
Re: Paying for WDC products and services by credit card??? · 04-19-14 3:53pm
by 🦄🏳️‍🌈Sapph
Re: Re: Paying for WDC products and services by credit ca... · 04-19-14 5:19pm
by Brother Nature
Re: Re: Re: Paying for WDC products and services by credi... · 04-19-14 5:26pm
by 🦄🏳️‍🌈Sapph
Re: Re: Re: Re: Paying for WDC products and services by c... · 04-19-14 6:01pm
by Brother Nature
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paying for WDC products and services ... · 04-19-14 10:28pm
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paying for WDC products and servi... · 04-19-14 11:48pm
by Brother Nature
*Star* Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paying for WDC products and s... · 04-20-14 12:04am
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paying for WDC products a... · 04-20-14 12:26pm
by Brother Nature
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Paying for WDC produc... · 04-20-14 12:59pm
by The StoryMaster

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2663746