Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Contest · #1786069
WDC's Longest Running Blog Competition - Hiatus
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Feb 10, 2015 at 11:38pm
Blog prompt for February 11, 2015
** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **

DAY ELEVEN

The 'Price on Your Head' battle is Six hours old. It rages on for forty-two more hours.

I had intended to run a team fundraising challenge, which was to last several days, but to be honest, my fundraising ideas were pretty lame.

About as lame as today's prompt *FacePalm*

I did come up with an evil plan, to deal with the difficulty of eliminating nice people from an enjoyable contest, but shhhhhh I've already said too much.

My plan made me anxious to eliminate a few people right away, so that's how I came up with the 'Price on Your Head' battle.

It's become a bit of a gong show; I couldn't be happier.

I didn't expect the forum to erupt in such kaos. And, Hey! You put a price on MY head? That must mean I can put a price on your head.

***scrolls up to count his GP on hand***

I think you all have it figured out now...GPs go to the 30DBC group, so you need pay in a NEW message post. So the GP goes to the 30DBC group.

I thought you all might be more strategic about it. Maybe hatch a plot with-in your team, take up a collection, and take a serious shot at eliminating one of your most threatening opponents. Not that I'm trying to give anyone any ideas.

Okay, Lets talk about the prompt.

It was interesting to hear Fivesixer say he relies on a prompt to get the creative juices flowing and to start into writing his blog entry.
For him it's a writing tool, if I can speak for fivesixer. It's not so much what the prompt says, but it's the prompt itself that he uses to get his entry started, then the rest simply rolls off his keyboard.

For myself, I read and re-read a prompt until something comes to mind to write about. I can't start writing until I have an idea, and sometimes one doesn't come.

Anyhow, we have a few blog group leaders (the people who write and send out these prompts) with us here in this unofficial blogging challenge.
So I think it would be a good exercise to talk about prompts. Let's do that.

Blog Prompt for February 11, 2015: Talk about the different types of prompts. Tell us how the prompt helps or hinders your blog entry writing. Which types of prompts are your favorite or least favorite to write on?
Blog group leaders can write on this from the 'prompt writer's point of view on prompts.

Try not to kill each other.
Joel

Please visit my blog @ "Invalid Item
Made in Canada *FolderR**LeafR**FolderR*
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Blog prompt for February 11, 2015 · 02-10-15 11:38pm
by Brother Nature

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Fivesixer.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/2791172