*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3160371
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(364)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #303715
Members help other members with technical questions and problems using Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Feb 2, 2018 at 12:38am
Edited: February 2, 2018 at 2:52am
Re: Re: Site is becoming unusable
Greets,

We certainly appreciate your concerns.

From our perspective, we're having people post in this forum, complaining that they don't want to pay for a membership to use the site without realizing the irony that we too don't want to pay for their use of the site.

I just checked the stats for February 1st and over 700,000 interactive pages were served... that's despite our limitations, it was actually one of the highest days I've seen in a while.

However... If you're correct, then it will be a self-correcting thing. If the service is as bad as you say, then inevitably, folks that aren't willing to support the site and their usage will decide to move on and stop using the service. When they do, the server load will decrease... and there will be less interruptions while reading providing a better overall experience for those that stick around. If you're right, this is just a temporary thing and the load on our resources will come back down to a manageable thing without us spending more to accomodate it.

But as it stands, we have no plans to increase the spending on our free member resources. To be sure, though, we're still providing a lot of free resources.

In terms of your own interactives, please understand that we began disallowing free members to create and host interactives many years ago. We grandfathered older accounts and allowed them to keep their interactives. My understanding is that you're saying that even that isn't enough and you'd expect more for free. I understand and accept your concerns... but our concerns remain the same and we can't offer you more.

The cost for a paid membership is literally less than 6 cents per day. (The 1 year basic is actually 5.5 cents per day.) Respectfully, folks coming in here to post and complain that we don't offer enough when they themselves aren't willing to spend 5.5 cents per day to support the site... Well, I'm just out of things to say. *Heart*

~~SM

A Few Helpful Tips...
  *Bullet*If your problem is with an item, please include its Item ID!
  *Bullet*New member? Start here!   "Getting Started: Table of Contents
  *Bullet*Find answers in our FAQ...   http://www.writing.com/main/faq
  *Bullet*Need Non-Technical Support?   "Non-Technical Support Forum

The Storymaster Sig II.
MESSAGE THREAD
Site is becoming unusable · 02-01-18 11:20am
by no one of notice
Re: Site is becoming unusable · 02-01-18 4:00pm
by Past Member 'northernwrites'
Message Suspended. · 02-02-18 10:24am
by N/A
Re: Site is becoming unusable · 02-02-18 12:27am
by no one of notice
*Star* Re: Re: Site is becoming unusable · 02-02-18 12:38am
by The StoryMaster
Re: Re: Re: Site is becoming unusable · 02-02-18 10:31am
by luna198226
Re: Re: Re: Re: Site is becoming unusable · 02-02-18 10:58am
by The StoryMaster
This thread is locked and new replies may not be submitted.
The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Writing.Com Support.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3160371