*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3330441
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
(669)
Rated: 13+ · Message Forum · Writing.Com · #126963
A warm welcome to our newbies; come meet new and not-so-new members of Writing.Com!
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Mar 10, 2020 at 11:32am
Re: Happy to be here
Hi Tori

This is written in reponse to your February 24 post in Noticing Newbies. I'll be honest with you from the outset and admit that I am currently involved in a Challenge in WdC and my latest assignment is to "visit 'Noticing Newbies' and assist a newbie or two." So that's what this is, an attempt to help you if you want it.

Searching the forum for someone that I might be able to assist, I found that they all seemed to be very young with a view on writing that is alien to me. I am 71 years old so it should be no surprise that I don't understand them at all. Can I help someone from so diferent a perspective, I wondered.

Then I found your post and, having read your portfolio, I know that you have grandchildren. We might be a bit closer in age, therefore, and my hope is to assist you as a result. Having read the pieces you have uploaded to your portfolio, I am further encouraged by your writing. You write with great directness and clarity, demonstrating a sharp insight into our shared humanity and experience. I would be happy to review one of your pieces, if you so desire.

In my first weeks in WdC, I found it quite difficult to navigate around the site. If I can ease your learning curve in this regard, just let me know (WdC email is probably the best way to do so - click on the envelope symbol after my name) and I will guide you through any procedures that are giving you problems.

Please let me know if there is any way I can be of assistance. This may be a required part of my Challenge but I regard you as one of mine now and would be honoured to help in any way.

Beholden
MESSAGE THREAD
Happy to be here · 02-24-20 9:09am
by Miss V
Re: Happy to be here · 02-24-20 2:56pm
by Cinn
Re: Re: Happy to be here · 02-25-20 6:22pm
by Miss V
Re: Happy to be here · 02-27-20 5:44am
by Sumojo
*Star* Re: Happy to be here · 03-10-20 11:32am
by Beholden
Re: Happy to be here · 03-31-20 1:15am
by A Non-Existent User

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, The StoryMistress.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3330441