*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3567684
by Seuzz
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #2180090
Message forum for readers of the BoM/TWS interactive universe.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jun 17, 2023 at 9:18pm
Edited: June 18, 2023 at 8:49am
Commentary: "Dropping the Masks"
by Seuzz
I was away so long I forgot I was doing commentary posts in the forum for the branches I published. So, a few days late, here's one for "Dropping the Masks.

This was the continuation of the "Project: Doppelganger" (not that that was the official name of it) storyline, with Will plotting to replace key people at Westside with doppelgangers. I posted a poll to ask which of the doppelgangers he should pretend to be while recruiting his first junior partner. I only intended that poll to run for a week or two, but it ran for six months. Oh well.

Anyway, Chelsea won that poll by a fairly narrow margin [*], so the storyline has Will shifting to her mask. Most of what happens in these chapters is just pretending-to-be-Chelsea fun, and I hope it was as fun to read as it was for me to write. Chelsea is one of the BoM characters who writes her own dialogue, as evidenced by the nicknames she has for her boyfriends: "pookie" for Gordon and now "scruffmonster" for Will. I really have no idea where those came from, except from Chelsea herself.

There was a point to the daily crises, of course: to set up five possible junior partners, which is where the storyline is now hanging.

[*] The final results were Chelsea Cooper (21); Kelsey Blankenship (19); Steve Patterson (10); Jack Li (2); David Kirkham (1)
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Commentary: "Dropping the Masks" · 06-17-23 9:18pm
by Seuzz

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Seuzz.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/action/view/message_id/3567684